• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Windows Live Mail

Sparkhill Lad

master brummie
mail downloads but cannot open to read.
Have checked on Google for answer and according to them
it is simple. I followed the steps through but no result.
I also have BT internet and with it is a mail program
which is a fiddle to get into and am thinking this could be a
problem and may have to move it on some how.
Derek

I use BT Internet linked to my Daughters BT account, I switched to sky but wanted to keep my BT address. BT stopped their own email system and now use Yahoo mail, was BTYahoo. Just enter Yahoo mail website and use your BT Internet address then save the Yahoo website to your bookmarks and just click on when you want to access your emails.

The last time I had an email which would not open I clicked on reply and was able to read the message and then close it without replying. The problem then sorted itself out.

Janice

I use BT Internet linked to my Daughters BT account, I switched to sky but wanted to keep my BT address. BT stopped their own email system and now use Yahoo mail, was BTYahoo. Just enter Yahoo mail website and use your BT Internet address then save the Yahoo website to your bookmarks and just click on when you want to access your emails.
I use BT Infinity and they provide an email service. Until earlier this year they used Yahoo but then stopped using them and changed to using their own email system. They gave plenty of notice that they would stop using Yahoo and the changeover was automatic. I was never impressed with Yahoo and find the BT email easy to use.
Hit the email button and see the emails.
While my BT account is open I can check broadband usage, look at phone usage, and the football on BTsport.

I must admit I don't usually read emails in BT email, I auto forward them to my Apple iCloud email and safely read them in my iPad and if I don't like what I see I delete them when I eventually visit BT email.

The last time I had an email which would not open I clicked on reply and was able to read the message and then close it without replying. The problem then sorted itself out.

Janice

Morning Janice

I tried your suggestion and for me it does not open, just tells me there is a problem, try again....there are only so many times I can do this. Am almost thinking I will uninstall Windows Mail and re install. Just hoping all my contact do not disappear but I think they might.

Derek

Hi Old Mohawk

have added to fav's just a little long winded but it is ok.
thanks for your help.
My favorites bar has so much there and is a great help to me,
brain had gone to sleep and did not think to do this easy task

Derek

Hi Derek
One thing you could try is creating a shortcut on your desktop which will take you straight to BT.

Procedure using Internet Explorer.
Open IE
Right Click on the BT tag on your favourites bar and left click on 'copy' in the dialogue box which appears.
Close IE
Right Click on your Desktop and then click on on 'Paste Shortcut' in the dialogue box which appears.
A BT 'Shortcut' should appear on your Desktop.
When you click on the shortcut, IE will open ready to log into BT.

I tested this in Windows 8.1 but it should be the same in Windows 7

The procedure is slightly different if you are using Chrome ... but I could list it if necessary.

oldmohawk

For some time now Hotmail/Windows Mail/ Live Mail has had issues with old versions of various browsers and the results have been difficult or just odd. There is frequently a screen on opening in the browser that complains that you're losing extra features by not updating and various browsers go through periods of not doing certain things. You could try using a different browser if you have one or just updating the one you have. There are also email clients (like outlook express, thunderbird etc.) that you can set up with your login details and will work as well without you having to go through a browser. The only issue is that you have to download yet another program. On the plus side, if you have more than one email account they can download all of your current mail into one easy screen.

Back