• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Search results

1. T

Birmingham buses

hello dek. no this was new to lytham st anns regards Tom
  2. T

Birmingham buses

Thanks for that! Bit of a mystery alround! Smashin picture of the Driver tho,just how i like to remember them. God bless them all,Drivers and Conductors. I was one myself briefly at Liverpool Street in 1965 lol
  3. T

Birmingham buses

Have had another look! the top deck windows have a straight edge to the so it must be an early Daimler GOE or HOV maybe.
  4. T

Birmingham buses

Hi there might be wrong ! bus looks like it as a blue bonnet top. Maybe one of the 2 Daimlers with a Manchester style front. Happy new Year all you Brummies.
  5. T

Miller St. Garage.

Just to say the old BCT garage at Miller St. Aston is now empty of all buses and looks like will now be demolished:cry: There goes another part of Birmingham transport history! where will it all end?
  6. T

Car registration numbers

Hello just saw your post! seems you are researching the surname Acton, this was my wifes surname. Please contact me for more details, Tom:rolleyes:
  7. T

Bordesley green

I remember Hydes the cooked meat shop,their faggots were the best iv'e ever tasted,the only ones that ever came close were some i used to get recently from Walter Smiths on Coventry Rd. Sheldon.
  8. T

Bordesley green

yeh billy is my younger brother,he now lives in Dudley
  9. T

Bordesley green

think ive posted reply in the wrong place bab,i use the name because i own a PT Cruiser car lol
  10. T

Bordesley green

It's nice to be remembered,whats your name i must know you also?
  11. T

Birmingham buses

Hi everyone. Ref post no 483 Lencops. I had the numberplate off this Daimler JOJ 799 for many years. I gave it to my friend Bob Shaw a few weeks ago. He owns several ex. Birmingham buses and we are soon to start work on restoration of JOJ 847 the one with the platform doors!
  12. T

Bordesley green

Hi there. I remember Danny Canning and some of the other names you recalled.I lived at 69 Carlton Rd. and then 110 Palace Rd. and my name Tom Griffin.
  13. T

Wilco Manufacturing.

Thanks Len, I did know their present address, I left the company some years before they moved there.
  14. T

Birmingham Buses prior to WMPTE

Hello. Went to view 2847 about a month ago,its filthy dirty but very complete and engine runs! Hope to start work soon assisting in its restoration
  15. T

Acocks Green AEC Regents

In the very early sixties i worked in Hay Mills. I used to get the No.8 bus in Victoria Street, Bordesley Green, get off top of Muntz Street and round the corner to get a 58 or 60 to Hay Mills. Some mornings i used to get a AEC Regent running up to the Swan Yardley then it used to go to Acocks...
  16. T

Wilco Manufacturing.

Any body remember Wilco's in Francis Road Hay Mills? I worked there from 1961 till 1972, it was my first job after leaving school and i started as a machine minder. Fond memories of Len and Fred Willmot who owned the factory. Many people come into your life,some go quickly and some leave...
  17. T

Airbus A380 to visit Elmdon/ BHX

Hello i also was a valeter at BHX for 10 years until a month ago,who did you work for? Tom Griffin:cool:
  18. T

Car registration numbers

Hello. I remember that car it was a Jaguar and the driver worked at SGB scaffolding in Waterloo rd Hay Mills Regards tomcruiser:)
Back