• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Recent content by Pam Wood

1. P

Kings Heath Methodist Addison Road

Does anyone know if any churches in Kings Heath area have been pulled down? Remember attending a wedding in 1986 in a little church tucked away down a side street that had steps from the road up to the churchyard, cobbled and grassed possibly Victorian or earlier can't remember the name of it...
  2. P

British Newspaper Archives Birmingham & WW1

Wow that's amazing! Especially as I'm a Wood too. All Alf's family were at Paddington St including Harry (Henry Charles) who was killed in 1917 and Jack (John Norman) who survived but died in August 1921,3 weeks before his son (named for him) was born. Sadly his son died in 1941 on a bombing...
  3. P

No he died 26/11/18 and was buried in an unmarked grave in south Birmingham he was married I believe he died of flu as did his father a month or so later
  4. P

A Tale Of Three Brothers

I don't know if anyone can help me but would much appreciate it... My grandfathers three elder brothers all served and died in or by effects of WW1. Thanks to some marvellous people on here I now know all threes regiments. My latest find, my Nans first husband started in the Royal Warwickshire...
  5. P

Also from this information do you know if u could find out which battles he was in?
  6. P

Oh my goodness can't believe you found him just like that yes that's him and the lady he married was my Nan as years later she married his younger brother. I see he WA in the Royal Warks first then transferred to Irish Rifles would this be because of injury do you think? Thank you all so much...
  7. P

I've been following this thread and am amazed how you can find all these details so quickly! My cousin researched our great uncles war service and have hit a blank with one brother. We've got two , Alfred Alder KRRB, died 1918, Henry Charles Alder KOSB died 1917 but we can't find John Norman...
  8. P

Our Lady of Lourdes, Yardley Wood

Does anyone remember the Duane family who used Our Lady of Lourdes in 1970's/ 1980's?... the daughter was married there in 1985 Bernie?
  9. P

Duane Family

Thank you that would be good
  10. P

Duane Family

Thank you the ones I'm looking for are later than that Patrick Antony Duane and his wife Pauline came to England 1959/60 Liverpool initially and moved to Birmingham 1960 I think they had 3 children one possibly when they arrived I think they were Antony Francis, Bernadette and Patrick Paul
  11. P

Duane Family

Anyone with Duane in their FT?
Back