• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

A Tale Of Three Brothers

Pam Wood

proper brummie kid
I don't know if anyone can help me but would much appreciate it... My grandfathers three elder brothers all served and died in or by effects of WW1. Thanks to some marvellous people on here I now know all threes regiments. My latest find, my Nans first husband started in the Royal Warwickshire Regiment but at some point moved to Royal Irish Rifles as no records can be found I'd like to try and trace his and the other brothers military histories but don't know where to start. Advice anyone? I'd really like to have as much info by Rememberance Sunday for a display at the school I work in so quite pushed for time! I have no family photos either which if any one has any idea if regimental photos exist would be grand. In order of age brothers were: Alfred Alder Kings Royal Rifle Brigade died Nov 1918 buried Birmingham, Henry Charles Alder Kings Own Scottish Borderers 217524 died June 1917 buried Mendinghem Cem Ypres, John Norman Alder Royal Irish Rifles 15/52259 died Birmingham 1921 aged 22 thank you in advance.

Have put some references to war diaries on your other thread. You could also ask the regiments if they have any info to add.
Janice

Back