• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Duane Family

Welcome to the forum Pat.
Are you looking for Duanes to add to your tree. As you will know it is an Irish surname and there were not many that came to Birmingham they seem to settle in the North.
I found a Jeremiah b 1811 who died in birmingham in 1889.
Other than that William Duane married Marjorie Dibble in london 1927 and they both died in Birmingham
William was 64 in 1959 the only birth I can find is a Willie Duane born in Cork 1895 to David and Lizzie
Marjorie was born in Birmingham Oct 1896 died in 1974.
They do not have any children recorded.
If you have dates for your Duanes it would be helpful.
Alberta

Welcome to the forum Pat.
Are you looking for Duanes to add to your tree. As you will know it is an Irish surname and there were not many that came to Birmingham they seem to settle in the North.
I found a Jeremiah b 1811 who died in birmingham in 1889.
Other than that William Duane married Marjorie Dibble in london 1927 and they both died in Birmingham
William was 64 in 1959 the only birth I can find is a Willie Duane born in Cork 1895 to David and Lizzie
Marjorie was born in Birmingham Oct 1896 died in 1974.
They do not have any children recorded.
If you have dates for your Duanes it would be helpful.
Alberta
Thank you the ones I'm looking for are later than that Patrick Antony Duane and his wife Pauline came to England 1959/60 Liverpool initially and moved to Birmingham 1960 I think they had 3 children one possibly when they arrived I think they were Antony Francis, Bernadette and Patrick Paul

Pam,

Between 2002 & 2014 there were at least seven Duanes living in the Birmingham area according to the Electoral Rolls. If you want the details, I will send them to you in a Private Message as most are probably still alive. I don't have any in my tree.

Maurice

Thank you that would be good

Pam,

Between 2002 & 2014 there were at least seven Duanes living in the Birmingham area according to the Electoral Rolls. If you want the details, I will send them to you in a Private Message as most are probably still alive. I don't have any in my tree.

Back