• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

What do you watch on tv nowadays ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My fave programmes I watch at the moment is the classic coronation street from the 80s cus I cannot stand any of the up to date soaps that are on now.Also I'm watching the invaders ,land of the giants.and lost in space all from the 60s which I remember watching in the 60s .you cannot beat watching the old programmes.

My fave programmes I watch at the moment is the classic coronation street from the 80s cus I cannot stand any of the up to date soaps that are on now.Also I'm watching the invaders ,land of the giants.and lost in space all from the 60s which I remember watching in the 60s .you cannot beat watching the old programmes.
My Lord have not thought about Coronation Street since the 70's, the Rovers Return, Enna Sharpels and Hilda Ogden with the 3 ceramic birds on the living room wall and our Stan, can not believe it's still on !!!.

I have no idea if you can watch Motor Trend tv but this weekend they are going to show every episode of Top Gear start to Finnish, this may work out well for me as Top Gear is favorite of mine as a Brit I can understand the humor, no going out this weekend waiting on a hurricane.

Tonight watch, Gardeners World, Question of Sport and Paul Whitehouse and Bob Mortimer fishing and all your troubles will fade away.

My Lord have not thought about Coronation Street since the 70's, the Rovers Return, Enna Sharpels and Hilda Ogden with the 3 ceramic birds on the living room wall and our Stan, can not believe it's still on !!!.
Yes two episodes are on ITV 3 every afternoon but I only started watching it at the time when hilda Ogden sold her house to Sally and Kevin Webster but bet lynch is still in it running the rovers return!!

Noticed that the hard drive in my TV was nearly full so started thinking about deleting recordings.

I have 58 episodes of Fools and Horses and haven't watched one since recording them some years ago.

25 episodes of 'Top Gear' and since they are repeated continually on 'Dave' they can go because again I haven't watched any of my recordings and now deleted them.

78 episodes of 'Dad's Army' and I haven't watched any of these. They are continually repeated so the delete button can be pressed ... or maybe not ... :rolleyes:

That left 'Fools and Horses' and with nothing worth watching on TV last night I decided to watch the first episode I recorded about 7 years ago.
Rodney decides to date a young police women and says he is bringing her home to the flat ... Del-Boy and granddad panic and start hiding dodgy stuff ... brilliant ...

I'm keeping 'Fools and Horses' ... I had forgotten just how good they were and will now start watching them ...:D
The funniest part of that fools and horses was when Rodney brings the police woman back to the flat, grandad is panicking by this point and says "Rodney's got a police record" and Del looks round and says "yes, walking on the moon" :):) classic

Dad's Army only recall one episode when on night maneuvers and found themselves in a French harbour and the line "don't panic we're in France".
"'Allo, allo", "Dad's army ", "It ain't 'arf 'ot Mum", I think shows like that were so popular because they were just DAFT ! What could be dafter than a rubber dinghy full of Luftwaffe types floating on a duck pond ? (Capt Mainwaring) "Come out of there!".( Luftwaffe chappie), "No !".
Only the British can do it.

"'Allo, allo", "Dad's army ", "It ain't 'arf 'ot Mum", I think shows like that were so popular because they were just DAFT ! What could be dafter than a rubber dinghy full of Luftwaffe types floating on a duck pond ? (Capt Mainwaring) "Come out of there!".( Luftwaffe chappie), "No !".
Only the British can do it.
Meet the gang coz the boys are here the boys to entertain you

Dad's Army ,funny last night all thinking they were going to be Sergeants.Loved the Scottish one.

• Appreciate
Reactions: ade
My dad wasa fan of "It ain't 'arf 'ot Mum". He served in India, staying in the army after WWII and said the show was just as it was at his camp. Also, I was an apprentice to a guy, who said the same.

good mooning. also like. Renie what are you doing with that servant girl in your arms? reply, "you stupid woman cant you see

Attachments

• 1567330543608.png
    1567330543608.png
    35.3 KB · Views: 7
i stopped watching all the soaps years ago...not many programmes these days that interest me so i tend to watch the old comedies ie..on the buses...only fools and horses...love thy neighbour..man about the house...robins nest...terry and june.....rising damp...oh dr beeching...george and mildred...hi di hi...nearest and dearest and many more great classic comedies ..easy to watch and im not wondering when the next swear word or violent scene is going to happen.

lyn.

I'm increasingly finding it difficult to find anything new to watch on TV. I seem to be tuning in to repeats all the time. I stopped watching the Peakies about 2 series ago, didn't like the new Poldark (loved the original until my husband said it was an anagram of Old Krap - am I allowed to say that?) Still watched it though. Had high hopes for Sanditon but found it quite flat and even Who Do You Think You Are seems to have lost its magic. I switched on to watch Heir Hunters the other day and was amazed at how little content and much padding it had. Michael Buerk tries to talk it up but it doesn't work. I started watching repeats of Time Team only to find that it was on a loop and the same episode comes round quickly. Same problem with MASH. I'm trying to think of the last programmes which held my attention - I think it was the one about Richard III and the follow up about the young man with the same deformity who proved that Richard could have done all the things he's supposed to have done. I've now realised that this post is about what I don't watch rather than do so perhaps someone could make some suggestions. Polite ones please!

PS. Frinton has lovely sandy beaches and has a designated dog beach (owners allowed too).

Hi LadyP,

Obviously, I'm not sure of your tastes, likes or dislikes but, here goes try an episode or two of "Waking the Dead" featuring Trevor Eve (Shoestring) & Sue Johnstone (Royle Family) food for thought it does hold your attention.

I agree about Frinton but, it's been many years since i was there also Walton on the Naze I seem to recall was quite pleasant.

Lozellian.

i stopped watching all the soaps years ago...not many programmes these days that interest me so i tend to watch the old comedies ie..on the buses...only fools and horses...love thy neighbour..man about the house...robins nest...terry and june.....rising damp...oh dr beeching...george and mildred...hi di hi...nearest and dearest and many more great classic comedies ..easy to watch and im not wondering when the next swear word or violent scene is going to happen.

lyn.
Yes lyn I agree but there was a lot of sexual innuendos on these programmes which we loved to hear and they were so funny but I cannot understand these are banned on programmes now but not the full sex scenes you see on telly these days .I THINK THE WORLDS GONE MAD!

Dad's Army ,funny last night all thinking they were going to be Sergeants.Loved the Scottish one.
I loved the Welsh character, played by Talfryn Thomas, He wasn't in the show long, it turns out that the Scottish bloke, (somebody Laurie ?), had him taken off.

good mooning. also like. Renie what are you doing with that servant girl in your arms? reply, "you stupid woman cant you see
Herr Flick tickles me, you can see he's having trouble keeping his face straight, with some of the daft things he has to say.

Thank you Lozellian, (Your post #175) I had used to watch Waking the Dead but it's been on so late and I keep forgetting to record it. I will look out for it. We've been promised another series of Strike and I'm looking forward to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back