• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
M
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• M
      maypolebaz replied to the thread Your Claim To Fame.
      Not so much a Claim to Fame as a near miss. The first London Marathon came through Woolwich Barracks and among the runners was Jimmy...
    • M
      maypolebaz reacted to mw0njm.'s post in the thread Your Claim To Fame with Appreciate Appreciate.
      me my sister and brother law sat drinking with the Bonzo dog doo dah Band in a brecon pub. after a jazz concert what a laugh
    • M
      Anybody else on here who also cancelled their membership ?
    • M
      maypolebaz reacted to mw0njm.'s post in the thread Fishing with Appreciate Appreciate.
      it was good fishing at wilmcote. untill some people spent day and night fishing and depleated the stock of tench for eating back in the 50s
    • M
      maypolebaz reacted to mw0njm.'s post in the thread Fishing with Appreciate Appreciate.
      BAA contests. :grinning:my dad got a scooter, put a rack on the back of it.the creels were tied on the back and rods between the legs...
    • M
      maypolebaz reacted to Chunky AC's post in the thread Fishing with Appreciate Appreciate.
      Thank you, thank you for bringing back memories of my trips with Dad to Hampton Loade. Fields covered in frost and hot tea and toast...
    • M
      Alberta. all for 20 woodbines and we got a cuppa and bacon sarnie as well. i remember fishing at salford park,all i had was a home...
    • M
      maypolebaz reacted to Alberta's post in the thread Fishing with Appreciate Appreciate.
      I have loved reading this thread. My husbands family have always loved fishing, his grandfather won the BAA 'Big un' in 1934 and his...
    • M
      maypolebaz replied to the thread Fishing.
      Nice area that. My parents lived just down the road, in Wilmcote.
    • M
      maypolebaz replied to the thread Fishing.
      Thanks for bringing back memories of my childhood. My Dad used to take me with him to all his contests, they used to be in all sorts of...
    • M
      maypolebaz replied to the thread Somme.
      The impression I get is that, in the early days of the war, there was a rush of men, keen to 'have a crack at The Hun' before the war...
    • M
      maypolebaz replied to the thread Somme.
      My great uncle, (died of wounds, 1915), was in the Duke of Cornwall's Light Infantry. A long way from Smethwick !
    • M
      maypolebaz reacted to Ken1947's post in the thread National Service with Appreciate Appreciate.
      My older brother was one of the last to do N/S. He hated every minute of it and they made the last ones do an extra 6 months. He was in...
    • M
      maypolebaz replied to the thread Sladepool Farm Road.
      Alfie the window cleaner, I'd forgotten about him ! I think we connected a few years ago. At the time I mentioned you to my mother, no...
    • M
      maypolebaz replied to the thread Wheelers Lane Secondry modern.
      I left early '56.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…