• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Steam Locos

Scanned today from Negatives, taken might be in the late 70s or early 80s, at Water Orton, no H&S then :)

img218.jpg
Standard Class 5 number 73091 leaving New Street Station im April 1962.

Now I have to admit that I have little or no interest in trains, steam or electric although I did have fun putting pennies on the rails and retrieving them when a train had flattened them out a little.
I will post a few more pics because I have found some, the problem is that I seem to be getting in a mess rather than getting out of one.

long service dinner255.jpglong service dinner262.jpglong service dinner287.jpglong service dinner255.jpglong service dinner262.jpglong service dinner287.jpgSome of you may remember, I posted a collection of locos issued as a calendar by
the Derbyshire Building Soc; now swallowed up by Nationwide, after getting their
permission I might add. Bernard

Not seen that site before, so thanks for the link Rupert..

Not being an engine follower, don't know which type of engine, but what a great sight on Battersea Rail bridge for the Jubilee celebrations.
Sue

Sue. I think it is called The Princess Elizabeth and is from Tysely Birmingham?. Les Ross was on about it the other day on WM. Jean.

What a great item to place Princess Elizabeth on the that bridge, this class of engines which wasn't ever blinkered. used to love to see it on the Glasgow run fron Euston at Lichfield T/V railway station

City Of Birmingham.jpg

City of Birmingham on it's length of track before the new building was built over it at the old Newhall Street site

Hi

Some good footage from Tyseley to London on U Tube of Princess
Elizabeth. Poor old City of Birmingham dead as a do do yet the Societies
that run 6201 carry on. We owe them a lot.
Clearly the costs of re-steaming 6235 in these days would be awesome.
Personally it would be better to be sent to Tyseley and start some sought of
Society to re-build her back to her former glory. At least try something

Mike Jenks

Back