• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Steam Locos

Bernard67Arnold

master brummie
Have only just returned from my daughters in Cheshire, however before I went I managed to get permission from
the DBS, and Midland Rail Trust to show the Railway photos I have, so hopefully tomorrow, I can make a start, My Very Best Wishes for 2010 to everyone, bye Bernard

What a wonderful picture Bernard thank you for going to all the trouble to get permission for us to see it.......real hands on work!

Thanks for posting the pictures,Bernard.The painting is by the greatest of railway painters-Terence Cuneo.I haven't spotted 'the mouse' yet!

Am having problems sorting out my pics, hope I can make it, Bernard, the photos are the same size yet it
will not unload them, says they are too big, I am stuck, anyone help???

Bernard I will post this to be going on with. Postcard painting by Mike Turner New Street 1959 Patriot Class 45519.

Excuse me butting in here but do you rail enthusiasts know about Les Ross of the Oold BRMB radio stnn He is a railway buff and owns a reconditioned Electric train in pristine condition. I know it's not steam but his train is running to London and return £68. All proceeds to the dead and wounded from Iraq and Afgahanistan with a hight percentage going to Selly Oak military ward. All seats are tabled and meals are extra.

Didn't know that Trevor but a great cause well done Les Ross:)

He did a charity run last year too and raised an awful lot of money when he worked on Radio WM. Jean.

Very interesting paintings, Bernard. Please keep them coming. Persevere with downsizing; you'll soon get the hang of doing it. Happy New Year, David

Excuse me butting in here but do you rail enthusiasts know about Les Ross of the Oold BRMB radio stnn He is a railway buff and owns a reconditioned Electric train in pristine condition

Seen here at Tysley Open Day 2008.

Colin

Please let us know which system you're using, Bernard. I'm sure the member who suggested it will be only too willing to help. We're all plugging for you. You can do it !! David

Bernard, Please let us know which program you're using. We're all plugging for you. Don't give up! You've already succeeded four times so you must be getting there. Can't wait for your next posting. David

Still cant work out why one side of the card is too big, yet the same fits when you turn it over, one more into the breach dear friends, Bernard The Lickey Incline Terence Cuneo The steep Lickly Incline at Bromgrove
just south of Birmingham presented a great problem to the Midland Railway. For many years specially designed locos were built to assist trains up the incline, the most famous of which was the largest loco built
by the Midland Railways, a massive O-IO-O known as "Big Bertha. "Jubilee" 4-6-0 is shown storming up the incline with a passenger train.
A REMINDER THAT THESE PICTURES ARE SHOWN BY KIND PERMISSION OF DERBYS BS + M.R TRUST

Hi David, I have Windows Vista and Piccasa 3, it strange and frustrating when the card is the same size, and it will take one side and not the other, Bernard

Bernard, I use Picasa 3 and after viewing photo and making any adjustments, click on File (top left) and then "export picture to folder", a new window will open giving you a option of where to store new folder I use desktop as a temporary location, it will also allow you to resize the image I use 800 Pixels, and the option to use a watermark, click ok that will place new file on desktop, open file you will find the image reduced and upload this via the manage attachments. Should this not make sense I will IM you my telephone no. later when I return home and talk you through it

Colin

Still cant work out why one side of the card is too big, yet the same fits when you turn it over, one more into the breach dear friends, Bernard The Lickey Incline Terence Cuneo The steep Lickly Incline at Bromgrove
just south of Birmingham presented a great problem to the Midland Railway. For many years specially designed locos were built to assist trains up the incline, the most famous of which was the largest loco built
by the Midland Railways, a massive O-IO-O known as "Big Bertha. "Jubilee" 4-6-0 is shown storming up the incline with a passenger train.
A REMINDER THAT THESE PICTURES ARE SHOWN BY KIND PERMISSION OF DERBYS BS + M.R TRUST

Bernie I have the same print framed in my Dining Room:)

Thank you for these pictures Bernard, Terence Cuneo's paintings are so wonderfully clearly detailed. For those of you who don't know, most of his paintings have a mouse on them somewhere: on the Lickey incline one, see it on the top rung of the fence just under the loco's front wheel.

Slowly but surely we are getting there, most members of the forum seem to like them. Millers Dale Junction
.by David Weston The limestone dales of the Peak District can clearly be seen on this view of a 4F O-6_O
freight loco passing Millers Dale Junction signalbox.
The Midland Railways signals and signalboxes were of a distinctive design and were all constructed in the
railways own signal works in Derby on what is now the new offices and car park of The Derby Evening
Telegraph. Bernard

I remember many an evening going to meet my future wife in that weather late 1950s in Wolverampton Bernard:)

Can't get enough of them Bernie, have you been watching Great Railway Journeys on BBC2 this last week?:)

Hi Alf, I have most of "Great Railway series on DVD, they sell them on Burton Market £1 a DVD I must have two dozen, try again on downsize, Dont tell anyone I think I may have cracked it Bernard

Back