• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

What music brings out your emotions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
what brings out emotions, loving you by elvis i can still see myself in my room in brum in 1958 listning to that song and it still do'es the same today
shardeen

I remember Judy in the sky with diamonds when I worked with horses at the holiday camp.:love::love: [The hearts are for the horses mainly] The pinball arcade was next door and they played that a lot while I got the horses groomed for the day ahead. Best 8 months of my life before starting a family. Jean.

No Alf I was just thinking I hadn't answered Judey's message. Slap on hand. Must do it in the morning. Thanks for that. Miles away. Jean.

There are so many songs that bring out my emotions and have memories for me. But yesterday I wandered into Past Times to have a browse (as you do) and they were playing "Long ago and Far Away". I haven't heard this for years, and had to stay in the shop until it had finished. It made me tingle and brought back many memories of when I was in my teens.

Judy

Morning Jean - I'm glad you aren't :D

Just remembered this one as well "When they begin the beguine" by Julios Englisias - bet this will make you girls tingle as well!!! Hope this works!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R5QmFRlIhI"]YouTube - Julio Iglesias - Begin the beguine[/ame]

Last edited:
This is the First time I ever saw the GK on BBC2 and tried everywhere to get this record with no luck. So I rang the BBC and they sent me a script from he show with the running order and from that a rercord shop in Folkstone got it me.
I think the show was called Music or Bands around the world

[ame="https://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=avGAe9EVkjc&feature=related"]YouTube - GIPSY KINGS A MI MANERA[/ame]

Last edited:
it reminds me of my wife she gave me a puppy that kept us up all night crying, she died of cancer

Last edited:
Digging up the long lost threads again, Pete? :)

My ex-bassplayer and a few others were discussing emotional and interesting introductions to songs the other day, and we all liked the Nelson Riddle intro to the Peggy Lee version of The Folks who Live on the Hill. He suggested the intro to Zadok the Priest, but my favourite was Sergio Mendes' version of the Antonio Carlos Jobim song Anos Dourados, which translates to our phrase salad days!. Here they all are in that order:-

Maurice :cool:

Digging up the long lost threads again, Pete? :)

My ex-bassplayer and a few others were discussing emotional and interesting introductions to songs the other day, and we all liked the Nelson Riddle intro to the Peggy Lee version of The Folks who Live on the Hill. He suggested the intro to Zadok the Priest, but my favourite was Sergio Mendes' version of the Antonio Carlos Jobim song Anos Dourados, which translates to our phrase salad days!. Here they all are in that order:-

Maurice :cool:

yer why not maurice it is a history forum:joy::joy:

Last edited:
O Mio Bambino Caro , Nimrod , Say You Will (Fleetwood Mack) Bend and Break (Keane) . Plus believe this or not theme tunes to the films Ben Hur and Lawrence of Arabia . I'm sure there are a lot more , so this for now

Where to begin ?
When I first installed my 8 track player in my mini the store only had a few choices in tapes
So I picked out a Carpenter's tape along with a Elton John tape

Fell in love with Karen Carpenter's voice and her drum playing, so after almost 50 years I am still in love with the voice of a angel.

I meet Richard her brother in Downey CA back in the 93 or there about's did not want to bring up his sister I am sure he has heard it all.

I have Pandora on my phone and I wear ear buds all day listening to music

My play list is very long and very diverse, today I listened to singer song writers, yesterday I listened to Phantom of the Opera.

Bob,

Back in the 1970s when computers were very much a thing of the future, we used to say that Karen had a "computer voice" because it was so close to perfect - she never sang a bum note, and her singing was always with feeling. Good choice! And like most of us, you will probably play something to death and pick something entirely different the next day. I know I do.

Mauricve :cool:

In my younger days I was a jazz fan, Humphry Lyttleton being my favourite, still have 2 78's but am now a staunch classic fan plus earlier singers such as Edith Piaf, Frankie Laine, Frank Sinatra and Nat King Cole. Eric

Last edited:
When i used to frequent my local cafe in the late 50`s, i would put my 3d in the jukebox & out would blast Elvis`s Hound dog, & i would look at the faces of the "old geezers" & they were probably muttering "what a load of rubbish" & that`s just what i do these days with modern music (especiall rap ) What a load of rubbish! Oh no, i`m an old geezer. :D

When i used to frequent my local cafe in the late 50`s, i would put my 3d in the jukebox & out would blast Elvis`s Hound dog, & i would look at the faces of the "old geezers" & they were probably muttering "what a load of rubbish" & that`s just what i do these days with modern music (especiall rap ) What a load of rubbish! Oh no, i`m an old geezer
I think there is a letter missing there somewhere

I could not believe that when I signed off last night I had forgot to put my very favourite film soundtrack on here Wuthering Heights Laurence Olivier version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back