• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

The black eagle meet up

Astoness

TRUE BRUMMIE MODERATOR
Staff member
HI ALL...:) WELL THE BHF ON TOUR...BANDWAGON ROLLS ON:)

THE BLACK EAGLE IS A LOVELY PUB NOT FAR FROM SOHO HOUSE...THEY SERVE HOT FOOD FROM 12 TILL 2.30 AND ALSO HAVE TRADITIONAL ALES WHICH I AM SURE WILL PLEASE CERTAIN MEMBERS:DI HAVE PHONED THEM UP AND IT DOES GET QUITE PACKED WHEN WEST BROM ARE PLAYING AT HOME SO A DATE HAS BEEN CHOSEN WHEN THEY ARE NOT....USUALLY THEY CLOSE AT 3.30 TILL 7 BUT I HAVE BEEN ASSURED THAT IF WE WISH TO STAY LONGER THAN THAT WE WILL HAVE A LOCK IN.....:0314:AS ALWAYS IT WOULD BE GREAT TO SEE OLD FACES AND ALSO NEW ONES AS EVERY MEMBER IS MOST WELCOME:)OK THEN HERE ARE THE DETAILS.. HERES HOPING FOR A GOOD TURNOUT AND HOPE TO MEET YOU ALL THERE...:):)

THE BLACK EAGLE

address.......16 factory road..hockley..B18 5JU

time...12 oclock midday...

DATE....SATURDAY THE 27TH OF MARCH...

MEMBERS ATTENDING...

ASTONESS....
FROTHY..
KEY HILL BRIAN...
SHORTIE....
POSTIE AND HILARY....
DEK CARR....
DAVE M...
TEMPLER..
TERRYB18 AND CHRIS..
WENDY AND MICHAEL...
COOKIE273 UK....
MIKE-G AND MAUREEN...
MAGGIEUK AND OTHERHALF...POSS..
CHOCKS 2....POSS...
LADYLINDA...
ROBERT THE LATE....

Last edited:
Will try and pop in for a quickie....or even a drink...
It's our key Hill AGM in St Pauls from 2, so throw me out if i'm still there by than, please !

hi shortie......consider it done:) look forward to meeting you...
ok jim....
brian...dont worry we will make sure you make your meeting...
might have guessed you would be first on the list:D:D

lyn:)

Put me down Lyn i know this little pub get me name down early any one over the 250 mark won,t get in. Dek

I have to have some laser treatment on my eye on the 24th but I'll try and get there if everything is ok.
Oh, I suppose you'd better put wifey down as well.

Terry

Hi Lyn can you put Michael and I down but I will have the same problem as Brian and have to leave early it's the Key Hill AGM! Michael has just said I can leave him there as he loves the beer!

Wont be able to make this one Lyn. But I know for a fact that everyone will have a great time, as I did at The Stag. Enjoy yourselves everyone, its party time again.

Sorry Lyn, going to have to miss this one, we're off on a long weekend to Watchet, it's the Spring Steam Gala on the West Somerset Railway, first event of the year.
I'm sure there will be another one soon.

Colin

Lyn, can you put me down Sylvia & Ray as possibles, depends on how Ray is, not very well at the moment he has COPD and sometimes he is great and other times quite poorly.

Hi Lynn - Just heard about the new meet from Jean in California !! , include me if you will, having lived near there in Ford St Hockley I've personal knowledge of the place from way back, its always been a popular "Boozer" well run , by a couple of nice boys when I was last there!!

I have a friend who wants to come along with me, too, so can you add her to the list please? Her name is Jan.

HI ALL...:) WELL THE BHF ON TOUR...BANDWAGON ROLLS ON:)

THE BLACK EAGLE IS A LOVELY PUB NOT FAR FROM SOHO HOUSE...THEY SERVE HOT FOOD FROM 12 TILL 2.30 AND ALSO HAVE TRADITIONAL ALES WHICH I AM SURE WILL PLEASE CERTAIN MEMBERS:DI HAVE PHONED THEM UP AND IT DOES GET QUITE PACKED WHEN WEST BROM ARE PLAYING AT HOME SO A DATE HAS BEEN CHOSEN WHEN THEY ARE NOT....USUALLY THEY CLOSE AT 3.30 TILL 7 BUT I HAVE BEEN ASSURED THAT IF WE WISH TO STAY LONGER THAN THAT WE WILL HAVE A LOCK IN.....:0314:AS ALWAYS IT WOULD BE GREAT TO SEE OLD FACES AND ALSO NEW ONES AS EVERY MEMBER IS MOST WELCOME:)OK THEN HERE ARE THE DETAILS.. HERES HOPING FOR A GOOD TURNOUT AND HOPE TO MEET YOU ALL THERE...:):)

THE BLACK EAGLE

address.......16 factory road..hockley..B18 5JU

time...12 oclock midday...

DATE....SATURDAY THE 27TH OF MARCH...

MEMBERS ATTENDING...

ASTONESS....
FROTHY..
KEY HILL BRIAN...
SHORTIE....
POSTIE AND HILARY....
DEK CARR....
DAVE M...
TEMPLER..
TERRYB18 AND CHRIS..
WENDY AND MICHAEL...
COOKIE273 UK....
MIKE-G AND MAUREEN...
MAGGIEUK AND OTHERHALF...POSS..
CHOCKS 2....POSS...
LADYLINDA...
ROBERT THE LATE......
BLACKHAM90......
SHORTIE AND JAN.....
MAYFIELD AND LYNN....

I Think your having a rest Lyn. So I took it upon myself to add the new names:rolleyes:

For those travelling to the Black Eagle that may not know. The Metro, Benson Road stop, is very near by.

:explode:Im so sorry to miss this one as I always like a good excuse, but unfortunately I will be working:'( and Ive no more Holidays left till April when they start all over again or everyone could cancel their Holidays;) that weekend.:cry::cry:

i also cannot come this time. :( i am meeting family that day and we are all going to the theatre on the night to see "how now mrs brown cow". hope you all have a good time though :):)

Sorry i won't be able to make it down this time. I know everyone will have a great time though. Enjoy yourselves !!!

Back