• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Search results

1. ginger_cat

Sun Street

Mdriels thank you so much for sharing your wonderful memories. Your family must have known some of my lot. My nan Catherine (Kay) Cooke worked at the munitions factory and she told stories of the bomb in St Lukes. She also told us a story about leaving the factory late (long after the sirens)...
  2. ginger_cat

Sun Street

What lovely memories Brenda! My nan was born in Sun Street in 1925 (Catherine Cooke) her uncle also lived on Sun Street (Bert Knott). Its strange how things work out as my nan married Frank Webb who also lived on Bell Barn Road. It's also very strange to think of a descendant of the Earls...
  3. ginger_cat

Park Street burial ground - Digbeth

Hi Not sure if anyone has seen this, I had a look through the threads and couldn't see any mention - apologies if this is a repeat. The BBC are running a story that due to the HS2 (which seems to be controlling my life at the moment) they may have to exhume bodies from the Park Street burial...
  4. ginger_cat

Wicketts,Medley Road,South Yardley

Hi, Bit of a long shot but did Daisy marry Percy Wilson? My mother in law's grandparents were Ruby Wilson & Charles Boswell and believe Ruby's mother was Daisy Elizabeth Wicketts. They would have lived around that area so thought there was a good chance it could be the same family? I...
  5. ginger_cat

Holly Grove - off Hick Street - info please

No worries - thanks for the help! At least I know for sure they weren't there in the 30's! Strangley enough her grandson (my grandparents) moved to Billesley. They were near to Chinbrook Road/Trittiford Rd.
  6. ginger_cat

Thanks Bernard, I have attached the voters roll I have with the family on; I guess from the voters roll they only moved to Holly Grove in 1945. Thomas died in 1951 and her granddaughter Barbara and her husband Ernest was living with her by 1955. Roseannah died in 1963 aged 90, I am not sure...
  7. ginger_cat

Hi big Gee No there isn't a Jack Boucher directly related. He may be related to Thomas' brothers though as they lived on or around Latimer Street. Thanks
  8. ginger_cat

Thanks Mike, wonderful map again! I wonder if they lived in one of the houses that backed onto Hick Street? There address in the first voters roll was Hick Street - Holly Grove and then just 5 Holly grove. I had kind of hoped that they weren't back to backs as seems to be the trend in the...
  9. ginger_cat

My Family - Knott, Cooke, Webb, Scully & Hughes... oh and Carters haha!

and finally - because i love how dapper he is - James Knott Clara's brother who emigrated to Canada (as part of the home children) I think there are some more but forgot the clocks went forward oops! So will dig around tomorrow x
  10. ginger_cat

Carters: Not from Birmingham but my Roseannah Carter married Thomas H Boucher who was born in Birmingham and they moved up here where we all are now! I wanted to share as I love these pictures! Frank Webbs Grandmother - Rosannah Carter & her siblings: Roseannah's father in his Fisherman's...
  11. ginger_cat

Knotts, Hughes and Scully first - ooh and Webbs - Sorry Forgot the most important! First is Clara Cooke nee Knott with her daughter Florence - (my great Gran & great Aunt) Then Clara's second husband Hugh(ie) Britton who was a boxer in Northern Ireland. We think he was born In...
  12. ginger_cat

Hi, Me again! I am hoping you lovely chaps may be able to help me? I have found that my grandfathers family - The Bouchers - moved between Folkestone and Birmingham Several times. On the 1911 census I have them living at Folly Cottages Folkestone Then in 1920 - 7 Court 37 Irving Street...
  13. ginger_cat

Sun Street

David: Sorry for the delay in replying had 'issues' with my e-mails.... anywho! Thanks for the info from the census (1911) I had checked already and knew my direct family weren't living there, however the Hughes also lived next door court 15 I think? I remember the mothers name was Leigh...
  14. ginger_cat

Sun Street

Hi kelly, I don't have all the pages just the ones with number 14 and number 38 on but I have checked the voters roll and there are no Stewarts on them. Sorry! Someone else may have access to more records, the ones I found I had to pay for some I only have the pages I needed but also they...
  15. ginger_cat

Sun Street

One last question - if anyone can help! I have noticed on the modern map that there is still at least part of spring street there running from Bell Barn Road to Lee bank middleway and I wondered looking at the old map if Bell Barn road and Rickman drive followed the same road plan as Sun...
  16. ginger_cat

Sun Street

Thanks again Mike your a legend. I would guess its one of the squares at the back of the front houses on the map, I don't mind if the numbers not clear I am still made up to see what it was like!
  17. ginger_cat

Sun Street

Thanks both thats amazing! My Nan was born at 4 court 14 and her uncle, his wife and eventually her grandmother lived at number 38, where her cousin Violet was born. I searched around for some maps but couldn't find anything, I knew it was around St Lukes but this is perfect. Thanks again x
  18. ginger_cat

Sun Street

Hi Kelly, Paul kindly pointed me in the direction of the pictures above and I think that I have some stored somewhere on my computer (probably the same ones though) I can forward onto you if you message me your e-mail address. Other than that I don't have a great deal of information about Sun...
  19. ginger_cat

Knotts/Blunns/Pages living in Birmingham

All of the workhouse census records are on line, so think they would have been picked up had Louisa been in the workhouse, plus there is about 20 miles between Aston & Wolverhampton which back in those days would have been a bit of a treck. Although Clara's place of Birth is Aston workhouse...
  20. ginger_cat

Knotts/Blunns/Pages living in Birmingham

:1321: Excellent work - brains & beauty!! I was starting to despair at searching through all of The badly transcriped records - the passanger lists have to be the worst quality I have seen! :2119:
Back