• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Knotts/Blunns/Pages living in Birmingham

I've just found out that James and William were sent from Wolverhampton Union via Middlemore to Canada in 1888. So I'm wondering if that means Louisa isn't on the 1891 census records because she's in the workhouse too? Can anyone access the records from Wolverhampton Union to see if she/they are living there around that time?

Or since Clara was born in Aston Union, could the boys and some of the other children have been left at Wolverhampton Union while she had the other children with her in Aston???

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just found out that James and William were sent from Wolverhampton Union via Middlemore to Canada in 1888. So I'm wondering if that means Louisa isn't on the 1891 census records because she's in the workhouse too? Can anyone access the records from Wolverhampton Union to see if she/they are living there around that time?

Or since Clara was born in Aston Union, could the boys and some of the other children have been left at Wolverhampton Union while she had the other children with her in Aston???

All of the workhouse census records are on line, so think they would have been picked up had Louisa been in the workhouse, plus there is about 20 miles between Aston & Wolverhampton which back in those days would have been a bit of a treck. Although Clara's place of Birth is Aston workhouse, Louisa's address is stated as Great Barr Street Bordsley Birmingham, and we believe from the 1901 census, bertie and Alfred were born in Bristol. So heaven only knows where she is! Have searched violet too as she was born in 1885 and we have confirmation of where etc but nothing. I always wondered if she was living with William at the time and they move away to avoid the authorities but we believe he married someone else in Wolverhamtpon :stare:

Back