• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

My Family - Knott, Cooke, Webb, Scully & Hughes... oh and Carters haha!

ginger_cat

knowlegable brummie
Knotts, Hughes and Scully first - ooh and Webbs - Sorry Forgot the most important!

First is Clara Cooke nee Knott with her daughter Florence - (my great Gran & great Aunt)

View attachment 66336

Then Clara's second husband Hugh(ie) Britton who was a boxer in Northern Ireland. We think he was born In Belfast. My G uncle George Cooke & his son Michael Britton (raised by Clara & Hughie)

View attachment 66341

Then there Clara, Florence and Rosie Hughes who married Clara's son Arthur Cooke.

View attachment 66342

This one was taken at the Beehive club where the family used to drink. The couple dancing are my grandparents Catherine Cooke & Frank Webb....

View attachment 66343

Finally the Cooke girls - Marie, Catherine & Florence - I love this one!

View attachment 66344

Carters: Not from Birmingham but my Roseannah Carter married Thomas H Boucher who was born in Birmingham and they moved up here where we all are now! I wanted to share as I love these pictures!

Frank Webbs Grandmother - Rosannah Carter & her siblings:

View attachment 66345

Roseannah's father in his Fisherman's attire

View attachment 66346

Henry Harold Carter & His wife Hannah on their wedding day

View attachment 66347

and on their Golden Anniversary

View attachment 66348

And finally Their daughter Anne (Rosannah's sister and her children in America)

View attachment 66349

and finally - because i love how dapper he is - James Knott Clara's brother who emigrated to Canada (as part of the home children)

View attachment 66350

I think there are some more but forgot the clocks went forward oops! So will dig around tomorrow x

Hi there
we met a tom scully way back in the seventys and the scullys did a fair bit of building work around brum way back with there lorry
old tom scully we called him a very nice gentlemam used to knock around the aston lichfield rd and the nechells area
to the early seventys my wifes family knew him before myself yes they was from ireland just like my in laws from ireland

Back