• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Where did you live

Born at my 253 Farm St my parents (fish & chip shop) then
1bk25 Burbury st, married, 71 Burham Rd Perry Bar. bought a shop Corner of Taylor RD & May lane Kings Heath. then to Blackpool & in 1982 Riverside California.

Jean.

Born in Dudley Rd Hospital, lived in Grosvenor St West, Browning Street, and finally Moreton Street.

hi alana...good thread this...

born 4/12 paddington st..aston moved when i was 5 to 118 villa street hockley....happy days...

lyn

Born in High St, Aston number 99. Just across the road from the Bartons Arms. Almost opposite the Orient Cinema.

I was born 55 Abbey Road Erdington, where Mom and Dad lived until they went to live with my sister in 1990's. When married I lived in Levante Gardens in Stetchford, then to Telford for 20 years and now here in Wales for last 20. Someone asked on another site if we missed Brum, and I answered no. Then why do I turn to this Brummigan site every morning, and miss it when I don't? Beats me.
Lynda

born Hope Lodge Edgbaston then Kathleen rd hay mills,gilbertstone avenue south yardley,glovers rd small heath,brays rd sheldon,campbells green sheldon,sunnymead rd south yardley,hobmoor rd small heath.

Born Loveday St,>Cromwell St.>Fosbrooke R.>Greenhill Rd.>Henry Rd.>Sunnymead Rd.>Leyhill Farm Rd.>Long Nuke Rd.> Marbury Close>Broughton Crecent>Mass Rd,>Woodlands Park Rd.>Stornoway Rd.>
Bentham Court>Waggon & Horses, Brighton>Brighton.

hi john night
can remember love joy street i believe near the courts
the place where i lived is now a motor way so sad
but had happy times there

Born Loveday St,>Cromwell St.>Fosbrooke R.>Greenhill Rd.>Henry Rd.>Sunnymead Rd.>Leyhill Farm Rd.>Long Nuke Rd.> Marbury Close>Broughton Crecent>Mass Rd,>Woodlands Park Rd.>Stornoway Rd.>
Bentham Court>Waggon & Horses, Brighton>Brighton.

John was that Stornoway Rd, Castle Vale?

hi john 70
do you rember the mermaid pub i think im right in saying it was near sparkhill

hi maggs
you could be right but there again i could be wrong

Yes we are the BEST.

alot of use have "nomaded" down this way. I meet new ones nearly every day..........migrating to the accent.

born dudley rd hospital, 1934/1938 rowland grove, lozells.1938/1956 Pype Hayes road Erdington, 56/58 Pool street Aston.and New Summer street, 58/60 Lea Ford road lea village, 60/76 coralin close chelmsley wood,76/2009 Cannock,South Wales, Shrewsbury,and now Cheslyn Hay.

Last edited:
The Mermaid Pub was on the corner of Warwick Road and Stratford Road Sparkhill
Last time i was up thay way it was a gentlemens club but sadly i think it,s derelictnow
if it's even still there

thanks rodgeyrog it seems all the old places are disappearing

can any one tell me if the
holy trinity church bordesley is still there i got married there in 1952

Funky little video, thanks brumgum.

Hamstead (no P ). Perry Barr,Witton, Hamstead, Birchfields. Essex, Witton, Bedford, Huntingdonshire, Cyprus, Cambs, Berlin, Cambs.

Loved it all, wouldn't change too much.

Back