• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Things you said when you was a kid

When we had a cough, my dad would say that our chests needed rubbing with the green end of a goose-turd...charming!

Big Gee

If you asked Mom to do something and she didn't want to get up, she would say she couldn't because she had a bone in her leg.

As a kid out playing and having fun you were having some Donuck.

If someone threw a stone at you they threw a Ducker.

Mossg.

When we had a cough, my dad would say that our chests needed rubbing with the green end of a goose-turd...charming!

Big Gee

I remember if anyone was coughing really badly, my mom would say "come on, fetch it up, it might be a gold watch" ! LOL

i also rmember when the club man was coming my mom used to say he will have to run for his money this week.
he aint getting nothing

We were at some sort of family gathering, a dinner perhaps, and after the food had been dished up and passed around the host (probably my dad) asked "Has everyone had sufficient?"
Apparently little me looked up hopefully and said "I haven't had any fishunt"!

in reply to jujus dose any one remember whirligigs, and chocolate dainties?

If Mom asked us if we wanted some sweets she would say do you want some rocks.

ditone my Dad always called sweets rocks........thanks for the memory.

this thread brings back memories, i remember most of them, and the daft things that went along with them,

arley barley was just arleys when i was at school, and if some one broke it the teachers would be on your side.

the bone in my leg thing was always met with "so do i but i still can...." which usually meant i got in trouble.

but the oddest thing i ever remember my nan saying was that my mom ran off with the coal man, this happened everytime i asked where she was, its odd because my nan didnt have any coal stuff in the house, not even a coal shed

hi my mother used to say come lets have you up the apple/pears,meaning the stairs lechrk

my dear mother used to say if you don't get to sleep i will fetch a black man to you ,we used to be scared to death in case she did

when I was little I would ask my mom what is for tea she would say s@@t with egg on lol

Oh Caz you have given me a laugh as I didn't have the guts to put it on. My mom said that right up until the week she died and I say it sometimes to anoy my other half. Thanks for that. She taught me a rhime I'll chase a bug around a trea I'll catch his blood he knows I will. Just say it fast. Bye. Jean.

well gg I was thinking I shouldn't say that in case I offend anyone......but what the hell, cause they are really friendly on here....happy memories, x

my mother used to say the same,but i did not have the nerve to say it,but if we had visiters and we asked whats for tea it was always a run around the table and wish.

well I lookes all the way through and couldnt find anyone who said it, bet my mom is looking down and thinking...I dont believe you said that ( sorry mom ) x

omg my mom used to say that as well, do you think we have the same mom lololololol

my dear mother used to say if you left the door open,hi was you born in a field.

OH THAT WOULD BE NICE CAZ. Lee my mom used to say something similare that were you born in a barn. We were posher ours was in a field with a roof on.

Back