• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

St Peter & St Paul Aston Juxta Lookups

Hi, would a marriage at Aston Juxta in 1779 have any other information than the bride and grooms names? I am looking for a marriage between William Eddowes and Sarah Worthington 19th April 1779.

Hi can someone please help me with this, i want to get Christening records from 1935 and 1938, all i know is the christenings were at Aston Parish Church, can someone tell me where this was in 1935, i expect i will have to contact the church to enquire about the records. thank you.

Hi, thanks for all the help with my last post,
i need to know where my Uncle would have been christened in Aston 1962, was St Peter and St Paul still doing baptisms? Where else could this Baptism taken place in Aston? Any help appreciated, Thank you.

wedding of john sanders.to ellen waldron 22nd june 1858.at st peter and st pauls aston juxta.
this is the other johns father he married twice.
thank you

Just caught up with your post. Yes St.Peter and St.Pauls is still the Parish Church of Aston. My son was christened there in 1960, and my daughter in 1963. I have a list of churches in Birmingham, here are all those in Aston, I can't tell you how many of them are still standing, not many at a guess. The records should all have been deposited in the Library in town.

St Peter and St Paul Aston Library Ref BRL DRO 41
St Stephen Aston Newtown BRL DRO 32
St Mary Aston Brook BRL DRO 31
St. Nicholas Aston Newtown BRL DRO 6
St. James Aston No ref recorded.

How would i go about finding which church my gt gt grandfather was married in?
Naasson Jesse Mann Married Lizzie Annie Cook, Sept qtr 1888, Aston, 6d 385.
Would i have to get the marriage cert to confirm where? Just want to know before i order it, or can i find out another way, ie, Birmingham library, am off there next week.

Thanks
Wendy

P.S, sorry for the bold, have pressed something on the laptop and havent a clue what!:rolleyes:

The certificate will tell you, and confirm (if you know already) fathers of both of them and witnesses names. I don't know if the certificates are available just to read anywhere, though.

Many thanks for that, will order the cert when i am in Birmingham next week looking for his childrens baptisms.
Am so excited, got sooo much to look for, might need a dog sitter and someone to pick up the kids if i get to engrossed, and might get kicked out for being too long lol

Wendy.xxx

hiya,
would any-one mind checking for burial of surname Austin at st peter/st pauls church.in particular john Austin (male adult died sep quater 1840 also Hannah Austin also died sep Q 1840.
regards Gwen x

Maybe this isn't relevant to Gwen's request, but years ago when the new vicarage at Aston Church was in the planning stage, my dad assisted in logging the names of the graves that were moved when the foundations were being dug. Most of the graves were Victorian, but as each one was excavated (not a particularly nice job, my dad said) another layer of graves was exposed, until they actually got back to pre-Conquest times, according to Birmingham University Archaeology Department. Apparently the law states that if a person's grave is moved, then the descendants of that person must be notified. Not easy when the graves are the best part of a 1000 years old.

Big Gee

Apparently the law states that if a person's grave is moved, then the descendants of that person must be notified. Not easy when the graves are the best part of a 1000 years old......Big Gee does that apply when councils ignore certain burial grounds when they are planning to build over a Burial Place ?:)

I think they have to do all that is possible to locate family but they will still move remains. This was done at Key Hill Cemetery when they built the Metro and needed part of the cemetery. The remains were cremated and a memeorial garden built to list the names of all who were removed.

Found this on Aston brook through the manor under MI inscriptions.....

FELLOWSJames127** Maria127** Sidney George127 Thomas Henry127

what do the numbers and * stand for ??,
can I find more on these people to see if they are connected to me.

Thanks Maurice

that it one thing we do not have at home here, :(
so I guess it is a visit to the Birmingham Library.

Unless anyone on this site has one...fingers crossed.;)

Derek

Would some kind person be able to look up a christening record which took place at the Aston Juxta (St.Peter & St.Paul's church) Aston please. The christening was for Harriet Eliza Bradnock and John Henry Bradnock which took place on the 23 December 1866.The IGI has the Father as Henry and the Mother as Bethia????. I agree with the Father's name but would like the Mother's name checked out. Their address would also be hepful.

Thank-you

Steve

Hi

I am looking for any additional information on this marriage please.

Thomas Vernun (vernon) & Mary Shakespear 22 Sept 1811 Aston Juxa Birmingham

Carol

Archives at Birmingham Library hold these records. However it is unlikely that any additional info will be gleaned from cert, as that date 1811 usually only give Bride & Grooms names and if they are of this parish, omitting occupation and parents name and place of residence. Sometimes additional info is given in the Bishop Transcripts , those for Aston , I am sure are held at Lichfield, Staffordshire.

Hi

Thanks for your reply. Marriage entries around that time usually gives what parish they were from and also any witnesses, which is the information I am after. Thomas Vernon in 1841 says no to being born in County and died before 1851 so any additional information from the marriage entry especially witnesses would be great.

Thanks for taking the time
Carol

Thomas Vernun and Mary Shakespear both of this parish married on the 23/9/1811 at the Aston Juxta church Aston. Both made their X as signatures as did witnesses Joseph and Mary ? (it looks as if certificate denotes it's a male "his" mark?

If you IM me your e mail address i can send you a copy of the certificate. It's not a brilliant copy as i have taken it from a microfilm.

Regards

Steve

Hi Steve, Thanks very much for that. Very much appreciated. I will send you a PM with my email.

Carol

Looking for information on the marriage of Thomas HEWSON married 25 Dec 1815 Aston Juxta. IGI gives brides name as Catherine Allen however I think it should have been Caroline. Either way if anyone has access to the parish records and can give me any further details such as ages of bride & groom etc. I would be very grateful.

Pre September 1837 marriage certificates do not show ages of the bride and groom, or the names of their Fathers. However i shall be going to the Birmingham Reference library towards next weekend so i'll check and see what information is on the certificate.

Regards

Steve

Thanks very much for offering to look up the marriage details, I've been stuck at this brick wall for ages. Regards Tricia.

Hi Tricia. I looked for the marriage entry on the St.Peter & St.Paul parish records for the date given but i could not find it.
Since returning home i have looked up the IGI and have found the following, THOMAS HUGHSON married CATHERINE ALLEN on the 25 Dec 1819. I'll have a look next week Tricia.

Regards

Steve

Hi Steve, So sorry for the misleading information, obviously a brain-finger co-ordination problem on my part, not to mention all the different theories buzzing around in my head clouding the issue! Thanks again for your time and trouble on my behalf.
Regards
Tricia

Hi

Can someone please tell me if there is any additional information for the following marriage on the IGI:

30 Jan 1866
George Mayner
Jane Streeting

I understand this was St Pauls, Aston.

Many thanks for your help.

Back