• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

St Peter & St Paul Aston Juxta Lookups

B

Barbara Anne

Hello,

Can anyone tell me if the grave stones at St Peter and St Pauls are still there, or have they been removed as has happened at so many churches?
In the photos on this site there look to be stones still standing, has this changed?
thank you
Barbara

Barbara, there are some grave stones still standing but many were removed for saftey reasons after falling into disripare.

Grave stones St Peter and St Pauls

Thanks Moma P,
can I assume the ones that have been removed have been transcribed ? Would I find details at the Birmingham Archives at the library?
Barbara

Hello Barbara, I am not sure if they have been transcribed you may get the information from Pickards Pink Pages they have some indexes. There is a link on the Links thread.

If they have been transcribed they will be on open shelves at the library. there are lots of MI's there.

St Peter and St Pauls gravestones

Thanks Lynda, Di and Moma P for your responses. I have tried the MIs via the pink pages but no luck with my Owens. I suppose they weren't able to afford headstones. Next time I go to the library I will check in the transcribed MIs that are there.
However there does seem to be a wealth of information there. I have visited these pages an age ago but had forgotten them. Will now bookmark for future use. Many thanks,
regards
Barbara

I hope you find something at the library perhaps if you look at the burial register at least you will have an idea where your realatives are even if there is no headstone.

I have "Pickards" on my desktop I find the information wonderful. I think they are struggling at the moment as they need vounteers to transcribe. For those who don't know the whole site has been submitted by volunteers.

MI's

Hi Barbara

The MI's for St Peter's & St Paul's are on the open shelve's at the archive in Birmingham librarey I found my wife's Rhodes family there.

Welcome JT remember you are never alone with a good Forum, enjoy the ride:)

If anyone has access to the par.reg.would they mind looking up this marr,
please.
Susannah Sheldon + Edward Unitt 30 July 1806
Need to know if Sus.was a widow.

Thankyou
Jackie.

Have another Susannah marrige to Oliver Johnson 1768 Aston Junta

Hello Alf
Thankyou for replying.
My initial interest is in Rich.
Marriages
Thomas Rich +Sus Jordan 1792 St Martins (have details)

Sus Rich widow+James Sheldon 1799 StMartins(have details)
Wondering if Sus.may have wed a 3rd time to Edw.Unitt.

Jackie.

St Phillips records are not on C.D. you would have to go to the library or ask if anyone is.

:handshake:

Hello There, I have just found this marriage info on the IGI & am
wondering if the couple are connected to my Farmer Tree...

11/01/1872 St Peter & St Paul Church.

HENRY FARMER & ELIZABETH ?

If anyone should be doing any lookups in the library could I ask them
to be extra kind & do this lookup for me ? I would hope to see the Grooms
Father named as THOMAS FARMER, Silver Plater...
Many Thanks,
Margaret.:handshake:

Hi

Found this today at B.Ham Library.

No 209
11 Jan 1872
Henry Farmer 28 Manufacturer married Elizabeth Farmer 31 Spinster.
Henry's father George Button Maker.
Elizabeths father Charles Manufacturer.

Witness's Francis Maylayer or Molyneux ? and Herbet ? Maylayer or Molyneux.

Hope this helps

Steerboy

My thanks to you for doing this lookup for me, steerboy. Although this
marriage probably does not relate to my tree, the info given by you means
I can continue to chase up the marriage of Henry Farmer.
Thanks again,
Margaret.

I am looking for the marriage of James NATION to Elizabeth, about 1830. This batch is missing from the IGI records.
I want to find any details available, especially the maiden name of Elizabeth.
I would be grateful for help.

Spooner:)

Hello Spooner, thought i would put these two in just in case

James Nation marr 20/8/1878 to Sarah Wilson Aston Juxta

James Nation marr........ 1803 to Sarah Smith Aston juxta
I did not find an Elizabeth......Cat:)

Hello Spooner,
Are you certain that the marriage was in St Peter & Paul Church, especially if it is not listed on the IGI ?
Regards,
Margaret.

Hi Margaret,

No, I'm not certain, but some of the children married there. The IGI record for that period (about 1830) is missing, and I couldn't find them on the other available IGI records, so I thought that they may be on the missing Aston records.

I have found Elizabeth in the 1841 census, she is a widow living in Ashted.

One of the children was christened at St Philips in 1831, and my gt.gt. grandmother, also Elizabeth, was christened at St James The Less, Ashted in 1852, but she was born much earlier, 1838.

I didn't want to put too much confusing information in my first posting.

I can't help with the Marriage, but would this be the family on the 1851 census.

Elizabeth NATION Head W 47 F Washerwoman Aston-War
James NATION Son - 19 M Pearl Button Maker Aston-War
Sarah NATION Daur - 17 F Pearl Button Maker Aston-War
Elizabeth NATION Daur - 13 F House Serv Aston-War
Address: Ct7 H8 Vauxhall Road, Aston
Census Place: Aston Aston, Warwickshire
PRO Reference: HO/107/2061 Folio: 535 Page: 18 FHL Film: 0087318

Hello again Spooner,
Aston Juxta refers to the church of St Peter & Paul....their marriage could
have been in one of the many Aston churches so it will need a blanket search of the parish registers. Can I suggest ordering a birth cert for one of their children born after 1837 ? This will give you the maiden name of Elizabeth..... Happy hunting !!
Regards,
Margaret.

Hi Brummie Nick,
Your info helped to fill in a few blanks. Thank you.

Hi Margaret,
Yes it looks like a birth cert is required.....
Thanks for your help.

Does anyone have the registers on disc etc. for Aston Juxta Birmingham 1829. Sept. qtr.
Louisa Robinson details if possible please.

Sorry Aston Juxta records are not on disc yet. Maybe someone will do a look up for you at the library.

6 September 1829 Aston Juxta Birmingham (St Peter and Paul)
Louisa Robinson to John Winkle Fellows

If you ask Dianne to do a look up for you at the library, she will put you on her list. She has broken her ankle and so can't get up to the library for a few weeks.

Back