• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Our parents over the years.

Here's another of my mom,so sweet,:angel:don't believe it she was a real toughie.:RailGun:
this is 1934.

Bet it was for your own good Ray. She was very beautiful. This is the classroom photo with my dad on. He is on the far left standing. Jean.

It was either Aston Hall road or Yew tree road not sure Ray. Wasn't your dad fit Ray?. Great photo. Jean.

You've posted some wonderful photos Jean and Ray.

Here are the two earliest I have of my mom, Margaret Herbots. She was born in 1917. In the photo by the chair, she is wearing a silver bracelet, that her dad, Jaques Herbots, gave to her before he returned to Belgium.

Ann

They are lovely Ann. Being cheeky does the silver bracelet still exist only I have a broach and rings that belonged to my aunts who never had children and myself being the only girl were passed down to me. Jean.

All very nice photo's. I love black and white photo's.
Jean,the old man wasn't fit he still is,he's only 95.
Where he went to school was the same as your dad,they changed the name from Aston Lane to Aston Hall Rd,I think.

Judy,

Yes love his hairstyle! I've got one similar of Doris Spencer's brother, Stan.

Jean,

How we wish we had that bracelet!
You are lucky to have had jewellery passed down to you. Bet you treasure them.

Ann

Last edited by a moderator:
Another velvet suit Judy,perhaps our parents were better off than we thought.
You dad's hairstyle is far better than mine when I was a titch,have a look at my changed profile photo.

hi all...i have posted some family pics on an earlier thread but i dont think this was one of them....think dad tried to add a bit of colour to it

mom and dad aged 18....

lyn

Lyn it's wonderful that they are still together after all that time. Very young age to have met or were they childhood sweethearts?. Jean.

they were childhood sweethearts jean...that pic was taken outside dads house which was next to hockley brook..villa street...

lyn:)

What absolutely gorgeous photos everyone, they all look so fantastic. I'll try & find some more of my Ma & Pa. It's great to see them all isn't it?:)

I may as well join in. No 1 is my father with his mother pre 1945. No 2 is my mom aged I would guess about 17/18.

Terry

hi terry...what great photos....like jean said the more the merrier...i thinks it great to celebrate our parents like this.....

lyn:):):)

Moms turn.

1 Mom aged ?
2 Mom on a bike aged ?
3 Mom with friends (she is 2nd from right) aged ?

Terry

Back