• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Oldest Post Box in Birmingham?

Oh my goodness, that's really excellent. If you could ask around or ask at the post office, I'd love to see if they have a blog. I'm into crochet and knitting. Thank you for posting that too.

Well, I have asked the lady who knows everything that is going on in the village, :laughing: , and she says that no one knows. We have a phantom knitter in our midst, it would seem.

Steve.

I'm now wondering if there are any post box toppers in Birmingham?

My next trip to Birmingham is going to require me stopping for lunch, I'll be parking up to take so many pics of postboxes!!!!!
saw quite a few over edgbaston way last christmas and a few in the moseley area also spotted a few in different parts of the country...it seems very popular now although i doubt we will see many in the inner city

lyn

First King Charles III post box on Isle of Man.

Quite saddened to see the vinyl cypher, apparently it was to include the colours.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230827_155749_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230827_155749_Chrome.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 26
UK Post Boxes

It is not just our iconic red pillar post boxes that will change to reflect our new monarch; all official UK postboxes will change eventually, but not quite yet. According to the Royal Mail, all existing post boxes with the Queen’s EIIR cypher will remain unchanged, as will those already in production or prepared for installation. Only new post boxes commissioned after the Queen Elizabeth II’s death will bear King Charles’s royal cypher CIIIR, representing Charles III Rex.

may not be the oldest but it is rare to see one

At the moment it seems to still be there

I know where that pillar box is!!!!!!!! Hopefully I will be back around there at some point and I can get a pic.

I'm hoping to find a pillar box in Central Birmingham, but perhaps the Digbeth pillar box is as central as it gets.

Interesting, obviously that area has been redeveloped and the post box is still there. That's the kind of thing I'm looking for, hoping to find some more in similar circumstances, for example, Broad Street.

Back