• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Old street pics..

My eyes were drawn to the legs of the bench. In Cov they had some nice contemporary benches oppoite where I worked, of course they are gone now. Their legs were done in the shape of a horse. They all looked well wrapped up and turned out.

Digbeth from Britain from above, you can make out Floodgate Street School in a central position and with a trained eye the civic hall and the Anchor pub..
digbeth-from-above.jpeg

Colmore Row 1887 crowds waiting for Queen Victoria to arrive to lay the foundation stone for the.jpgColmore Row 1887 crowds waiting to see Queen Victoria lay the foundation stone for the Victoria Law Courts digital ladywood

Louvre's store sure beats the" House that Jack Built"...can'nt remember mom buying a set of anything , it was always a one off...Brenda

Hi Frank Carolina sorted the address out herself in a later post she found it on ancestory although lots of captions are wrong and so am I sometimes Bernie

View attachment 87730Adam and Eve Bradford Street and Warner Street
Is this a trolley bus as apposed to a tram. I know trolley buses didn't run on rails. They had them in Southsea. I remember sining Good King Wenseslas looked out in a Mini Minor, bumped in to a trolley bus and landed up in China, Good King Wenselas looked out, IN an Austin Seven, Bumped into a trolley bus and landed up in heaven, Standard Eight, gate etc. Also what was Chunky? As on the bus/tram? Note the height of the sign on the left. Anything under head height would be vandalised now.

Is this a trolley bus as apposed to a tram. I know trolley buses didn't run on rails. They had them in Southsea. I remember sining Good King Wenseslas looked out in a Mini Minor, bumped in to a trolley bus and landed up in China, Good King Wenselas looked out, IN an Austin Seven, Bumped into a trolley bus and landed up in heaven, Standard Eight, gate etc. Also what was Chunky? As on the bus/tram? Note the height of the sign on the left. Anything under head height would be vandalised now.

This is a tram not a trolley bus. A tram runs on rails a trolley bus runs on rubber tyres. A trolley bus has two trolley arms whereas a tram has only one or a bow collector like the tram in the picture 2390 or a pantagraph on a modern tram. The sign at the side of the road is a temporary bus or tram stop.

Carolina
The version I have of your Garrison Lane photo says it was the home of the Mad Axeman, Thomas Clarke

Back