• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

IN OUR GARDEN 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
i hired a big steam cleaner for today to clean the paths caravan and sheds the wind was gale force and raining but i plodded on and got soaked through with the rain but job well done
Discontinued-cleaning-equipment-category.jpg
Good for you, sometimes it's just worth doing a job under rubbish conditions. Hope you enjoyed a cup of tea or a beer for your efforts.

Cherry blossom looks fabulous.

I'm just tuning in to the forum after a day of leaving my pug, Pearl, at the vets for her sterilisation op, I've been on nurse duty tonight, gardening has had to wait today.

Pearl is doing very well, normal duties should resume tomorrow.

Grass really ,really long, we have 4 lawns 2 in front 2back.
The sun shone yesterday and they were mown for first time this year ,they look beautiful and make the devastated garden look a lot tidier.
I think that many of my plants have been lost but as Richard says we will wait a few weeks before replanting.

Saw the heron come down into the garden for the first time this year. Chased off, as after my fish again. Will have to reset the heron scarer again, a water jet shoots out at him when he lands on the pool. The only problem is, if we forget to turn the water off as we go out of the conservatory we get drenched instead

No gardening for me today, still babysitting Pearl and making sure that she gets left alone by my other doggies. All going well so far. I really hope that you see some improvement in your garden Alberta, fingers crossed for you.

It looks as if I have lost both my bottle brush plants. They are showing no signs of little shoots. I haven't checked everything but one of these is close to the house so easy to check. Will leave for now then prune and see what happens.
Roses showing signs of good growth, also clematis and one passion flower.

It looks as if I have lost both my bottle brush plants. They are showing no signs of little shoots. I haven't checked everything but one of these is close to the house so easy to check. Will leave for now then prune and see what happens.
Roses showing signs of good growth, also clematis and one passion flower.
Janice, we have two neighbors who are master gardeners (unfortunately :) ) both advised to wait at least 2 to 3 weeks then scratch for growth and see if there is any signs of life. In the meantime we are going to put in boxes, Lenten roses. We just called the garden center and they have them.

I spent a couple of hours today sorting out my drip irrigation system. I collect the rainwater of my workshop roof and use a solar power pump to operate it in the summer.
Never used an irrigation system, how are you getting on with yours? I ordered two of these, if they're not up to much I've not lost a lot of dosh. Its for the polytunnel and raised beds and maybe enough to use on large pots that line one wall

Never used an irrigation system, how are you getting on with yours? I ordered two of these, if they're not up to much I've not lost a lot of dosh. Its for the polytunnel and raised beds and maybe enough to use on large pots that line one wall

Mort, is this what you have?

great froth...dont know where all my birds have gone...only get pigeons..maggies and the odd blackbird nowadays...nice to see a robin on a feeder as they cant grip very well to stay on long...usually ground feeders

lyn

great froth...dont know where all my birds have gone...only get pigeons..maggies and the odd blackbird nowadays...nice to see a robin on a feeder as they cant grip very well to stay on long...usually ground feeders

lyn
Yes that’s what thought about robins. There’s been two little birds hoping around the garden, think they are wrens?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back