• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Hill Street, Birmingham.

I'm going to buck the trend - it reminds me of the British Rail "power box" by Navigation Street - I don't think it's too bad. Now Selfridges and the so - called bl**dy "Bullring" (did they forget where the space bar was?) - that looks as if it's just been dropped from orbit and hit Brum in a completely random fashion. ..it doesn't fit in with any of the surrounding streets...the ultimate drag is walking from Moor Street to New Street station and having to negotiate that bit of underground road that reminds me more than anything else of a drain .....

john i just knew you would lol...wouldnt do for everyone to like or dislike the same things...

lyn

Hi So my 3 x great grandad and his wife and children lived at 21 Hill Street for over 30 years. He was a carver/cabinet maker by trade, so wondering if it was his business address - I can't find anything anywhere - can anyone help please?
Laura x

Hi So my 3 x great grandad and his wife and children lived at 21 Hill Street for over 30 years. He was a carver/cabinet maker by trade, so wondering if it was his business address - I can't find anything anywhere - can anyone help please?
Laura x

hi laura could you start a thread under our surname interests please giving names and dates etc...we maybe able to help you if you provide a bit more info..cheers

lyn

Back