• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Famous people.

• Thread starter Thread starter Stitcher
  • Start date Start date
I just had a lovely listen to many of Ann Shelton's songs. There are lots of them on Youtube.com I especially liked "Swinging on a Star"which I loved to sing along to when I was very small.

Hello jennyann, whenever I listen to any of the oldies I dislike modern singers less and less.

Bill123, What a stupid mistake eh. Of course you are correct, More and more definately.

Back to Bridgette Bardot. The first picture was taken when all she had to do was ask and I would have been hers. The second picture was in the newspaper the other day.

I have just come across this thread, which I see has been lying dormant for nearly six years.

Margaret Lockwood was one of our most famous post war film actress's (if I may still call her that). A great star of many fine films, and one of my own favourites.

Around 1946/7, my younger sister, now sadly passed on, was on holiday in Margate, with our auntie. My sister would have been around 9 or 10 years old. Our aunt was well known in London society life from when she sang in cabaret around the night clubs. One day during the holiday, our aunt had to go to London on business, and left my sister with a friend. It was a very large house, on the outskirts of London, and had a large swimming pool in the large garden. The lady of the house welcomed my sister, and was very kind to her, letting my sister play with her own daughter of the same age, fed my sister, and gave her a wonderful day, that my sister often spoke about. Later she discovered that the 'nice lady' was Margaret Lockwood, and the daughter was Julia Lockwood, who also went on to make films.

Eddie.

IMG_1215.jpg
Patty, they are marvellous. In my opinion they were all better than the stars of today. I remember most of them, the names at least. George Roby was always mentioned. Have a good look at Jessie Mathews, I could die for her. Not now of course but when she was younger. But then I would have been too young. I'll just imagine things to myself, but she was beautifull.
Trevor.

Just for you! February 1941

Back