• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Famous people.

• Thread starter Thread starter Stitcher
  • Start date Start date
S

Stitcher

I have a few pictures of famous people from the 40s and 50s. Although they were not all film stars they were all famous.
Benny Hill in 1955.

Maybe not quite as well known, Lucian Freud an Artist who came from Germany to study art In Britain and on the right is Brenadan Behan, an Irish playwright. The photo was taken in 1952.

Trevor I am not sure but it is an actual photo from when my brother played and had a trial at a club somewhere. Bye. Jean.

Keith the signature is not real but he signed the photo when mom went with a group from the IMI to the LA Reserve I think but he put June and not Jean. Oh well not to worry. He died from kidney failure didn't he?. Jean.

We took this of Charles and Diana when we were at a swimming venue at Prestatyn North Wales. Think it was something to do with his Investiture?????. The year would have been about 1982. Not very good at dates. Bye. Jean.

From the left we have Peter Pears, I dont know him. E.M.Forster, I dont know him either, but I seem to know the name. Benjamin Britten, I have heard of him, and the crew member is not named.

We have photo's of Danny La Rue, Les Dawson , Billy Dainty, Ronnie Corbett,Cathy Kirby & a few others from when my wife was a dancer at the Alexandra theatre & Paington festival theatres, some are signed photo's & others are backstage pics

Nice one Len, unusual one that.

Izzy, put them on let everyone see them.

here's one of Les, he appeared in pantomime in B,ham, he was a bit of a letcher as you might gather

24lk07c.jpg

Great, Sunday Night at The Palladium springs to mind. No swearing shouting or screaming, just good entertainment.

Back