• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

computer help

Hp printer software is too flipping nosy, you del items and they reload them again with next win update,i dont like the idear of them snooping on my pc

On a PC:

• Press Windows + R. Type in "recent" and hit enter. This step will show a list of files that were recently opened. If you see something on this list that you don't remember opening, someone may have been poking around your computer.

Hp printer software is too flipping nosy, you del items and they reload them again with next win update,i dont like the idear of them snooping on my pc
I agree HP is very nosy! We have the HP ink program, the problem is they miss a deliver once in a while so we have HP cartridges that we purchase, they don’t like that. I asked them are we supposed to stop what we are doing and wait for the mail, no answer.

i dont buy off them for the amount of ink i use i buy one color cartridge off fleebay i have removed the black one and it prints ok

I am also having difficulty in logging in to BHF, what has changed? Using Firefox with DuckDuckGo. Also no option to select essential cookies only, I’m told .
”We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.
Its my computer, I decide what cookies are allowed.

I am also having difficulty in logging in to BHF, what has changed? Using Firefox with DuckDuckGo. Also no option to select essential cookies only, I’m told .
”We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners.
Yes, I switched to Chrome, just for this forum. But now it is swamped with ads. Frankly I'm losing patience. Chunky, I can only suggest trying another browser or different settings. I might try a VPN https://uk.pcmag.com/deals/94933/the-best-vpn-deals or take a rest from this site. Shame. There won't be a permanent solution unless we are offered a paid option. But switching browsers and ad blockers are discussed above.

I have no issues logging on, or add using: phone, iPad or computer. All clear for me, fingers crossed!

Yes, I switched to Chrome, just for this forum. But now it is swamped with ads. Frankly I'm losing patience. Chunky, I can only suggest trying another browser or different settings. I might try a VPN https://uk.pcmag.com/deals/94933/the-best-vpn-deals or take a rest from this site. Shame. There won't be a permanent solution unless we are offered a paid option. But switching browsers and ad blockers are discussed above.

Thank you Stokkie, I moved away from anything related to Google once I realised how much information they were collecting from my use of their products. If it means I cannot choose the search engine and browsers of MY choice it’s time to say goodbye to BHF.
Our privacy and protection should be the paramount consideration of any web site.
I recall doing a search for TAG wrist watches on Google within hours I was inundated with adverts on TAG. That was when I said goodbye Google not missed them and certainly not regretted the decision.
Incidentally, the cookies box is now in French.

Thank you Stokkie, I moved away from anything related to Google once I realised how much information they were collecting from my use of their products. If it means I cannot choose the search engine and browsers of MY choice it’s time to say goodbye to BHF.
Our privacy and protection should be the paramount consideration of any web site.
I recall doing a search for TAG wrist watches on Google within hours I was inundated with adverts on TAG. That was when I said goodbye Google not missed them and certainly not regretted the decision.
Incidentally, the cookies box is now in French.
I’m not a Google fan but if you search on it you get what you are looking for, with MS Bing they are trying to sell you something and are lucky if you can find your subject! I was looking up our cooking range on both and now I have people try to sell me all kinds of ranges and I was just looking for a part. I think Chunky, they all track you unfortunately!

Interesting article! The non profit portion is a joke, what that means is that key people rake in a ton of money. There is no way that the rank and file are $286,000 as the article suggests! Everyone would be working there. I did some consulting work for a person whose wife ran a non profit. Paraphrasing, she took most of the money out of the company, it is a terrible joke, non profit. Here we have non profit holding companies managing for profit companies, no money at the end of the day!

I’m not a Google fan but if you search on it you get what you are looking for, with MS Bing they are trying to sell you something and are lucky if you can find your subject! I was looking up our cooking range on both and now I have people try to sell me all kinds of ranges and I was just looking for a part. I think Chunky, they all track you unfortunately!
Richard, Yes I am sure your right, but we need the option to choose for ourselves. FF plus DDG, works for me, NOT be told what cookies are being used with no choice. Sharing our information with the partners is WRONG.

Richard, Yes I am sure your right, but we need the option to choose for ourselves. FF plus DDG, works for me, NOT be told what cookies are being used with no choice. Sharing our information with the partners is WRONG.
We are in violent agreement! Unfortunately I think that ship has sailed, unless there is another search engine that charges a fee, which I would not mind if its reasonable and good! Even Amazon Prime video has commercials that you cannot zip through! Not sure what to say, if you find one you will be a star! Best of luck…

ncidentally, the cookies box is now in French.
I have two options. Using my own add blocking system, my location will be natively in France. I get the cookie box in English. If I change to my VPN, which has its own add blocking option, (and bypasses mine), and also sets my (virtual) location to France, then I get the cookie box in French. I think I might try moving around the world a bit with the VPN, to see what happens to the cookie box. In no case have I seen the option to parameterise the cookie box or continue without accepting that I expect to see in a cookie box.
When DDG search started off, they used Bing as a search engine, and made you anonymous in your query. I think that the majority of searches on DDG are still based on Bing.
Andrew.

I have two options. Using my own add blocking system, my location will be natively in France. I get the cookie box in English. If I change to my VPN, which has its own add blocking option, (and bypasses mine), and also sets my (virtual) location to France, then I get the cookie box in French. I think I might try moving around the world a bit with the VPN, to see what happens to the cookie box. In no case have I seen the option to parameterise the cookie box or continue without accepting that I expect to see in a cookie box.
When DDG search started off, they used Bing as a search engine, and made you anonymous in your query. I think that the majority of searches on DDG are still based on Bing.
Andrew.
if i change my VPN what ever the country auto changes the language to that country:)

I have had the cookie message 4 times so far even though I don't log out.
Phone had large ads earlier so I couldn't see what I was typing but that seems to have vanished. Haven't had my laptop on so far today. We will see.

I've got the grey cookie box with no options. I haven't accepted it yet, still there as I type this. I have no fancy stuff but I've had it in English, French and German

Interesting article! The non profit portion is a joke, what that means is that key people rake in a ton of money. There is no way that the rank and file are $286,000 as the article suggests! Everyone would be working there. I did some consulting work for a person whose wife ran a non profit. Paraphrasing, she took most of the money out of the company, it is a terrible joke, non profit. Here we have non profit holding companies managing for profit companies, no money at the end of the day!
The problem is that many users don't know what 'profit' is, It's what's left over after all expenses and taxes are paid, so there's nothing to stop the owners/directors paying themselves £millions before profit, or lack of, is calculated.

Back