• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

computer help

Yes, I switched to Chrome, just for this forum. But now it is swamped with ads. Frankly I'm losing patience. Chunky, I can only suggest trying another browser or different settings. I might try a VPN https://uk.pcmag.com/deals/94933/the-best-vpn-deals or take a rest from this site. Shame. There won't be a permanent solution unless we are offered a paid option. But switching browsers and ad blockers are discussed above.
As I type this using Chrome and ABP (add block plus) there are zero adverts and ABP is showing 43 blocked

Since yesterday I'm getting plagued with the same problems as others on my phone (I don't have a computer) I rejected the cookies etc and saved and closed my selection anytime it came up but now I'm getting lots of adverts hiding the screen and these sorts of things...

Screenshot_20230715-183955_Samsung Internet.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230715-184214_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20230715-184214_Samsung Internet.jpg
    305.4 KB · Views: 13
I had difficulty getting past that grren banner again.
rosie.

The banner just appeared again whilst I was changing to another thread, it wouldn't let me back, feel unwanted now!!

Last edited:
Yes, I switched to Chrome, just for this forum. But now it is swamped with ads. Frankly I'm losing patience. Chunky, I can only suggest trying another browser or different settings. I might try a VPN https://uk.pcmag.com/deals/94933/the-best-vpn-deals or take a rest from this site. Shame. There won't be a permanent solution unless we are offered a paid option. But switching browsers and ad blockers are discussed above.
Hi Stokkie, My combination of FF and DDG, has worked for me, I have tried the others and they fail in one way or another, I know about Mozilla and Google contributions BUT we still have choice of search engine, Google is the last I would go to. Firefox Focus tells how many trackers have been blocked I am still testing it. Unless the powers that be take note of the errors that are occurring and listen to the forums users and instigate corrections, or revert to the original formula there will be spoilt forum with no users.

my 31" plasma screen fell over this morning and hit the printer it cracked the screen now it is cream crackered i am using a old 14".screen.
i thought after a cup of char i will go to asda and get a new one. i then noticed i had run out of milk, so i gets in me car to go shopping
and the battery was flat as a pancake. i changed the battery and off i went. they had no tvs.so i got me tea bags and a bottle of pop.
got in the car opened the pop and woosh i got soaked. what a morning.

my 31" plasma screen fell over this morning and hit the printer it cracked the screen now it is cream crackered i am using a old 14".screen.
i thought after a cup of char i will go to asda and get a new one. i then noticed i had run out of milk, so i gets in me car to go shopping
and the battery was flat as a pancake. i changed the battery and off i went. they had no tvs.so i got me tea bags and a bottle of pop.
got in the car opened the pop and woosh i got soaked. what a morning.
Some days Pete it doesn`t pay to get out of bed !!

setup up my new 32" pc monitor with freesat and freeview+dvd fitted now i can split screen and watch the tv while i chat on the forum.:)
Thats about twice the size of my note book screen! I do almost the same thing with my tablet multi task. Have my dvd and device strip ready in case I want to read an SD card. Must say that would be nice to have it in one place but I like the portability, enjoy :)

i have power cut so i am on a basic laptop and a inverter running the router ...wow what a lot of adverts without the blocker
exactly pete..that is why i had to ask my son to apply chrome ad blocker 3 weeks ago to ensure i could continue to use the forum without the constant adverts and pop up video ads taking up the whole of the main page..

lyn

exactly pete..that is why i had to ask my son to apply chrome ad blocker 3 weeks ago to ensure i could continue to use the forum without the constant adverts and pop up video ads taking up the whole of the main page..

lyn
lyn i had right job to get in as well..........hope the power comes on soon i need a cuppa i dont know how long this battery will old out on this lappy:grinning:

Back