• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Bordesley Park/ Cov Rd

A picturefrom dolphin.JPG dated 1970's
Taken from outside the Dolphin pub door.
The car closest is on New Bond Street.
Folks, these pictures were salvaged from very poor and very old Kodak negatives. I have no idea what happened to the original prints.
The cars on the car park are on land that shared shops between New Bond Street and Watery Lane.
The advertising boards are on Watery Lane.
You can see the Old Lodge pub and the Maisoneetes that stood just past it at that time along with the paper mill.

Dated 1970's.
I originally posted this in B&W.
Now I know why I did that.
Men outside Old Lodge pub on Bordesley Park Road.outside man old lodge.JPG

Dated 1970's.
2 ladies by bus stop outside Old Lodge pub on Bordesley Park Road.
I originally posted this in B&W.bordesley pk rd 2 ladies by bus stop.jpg Pictures from same batch, my software could not do much for the terrible yellow cast.

Dated 1970's.juno and sid outside jockey.JPG Bordesley Park Road, outside the Horse and Jockey pub.
2 people I played darts against, Sid on the right should have been a professional..beat him 1 in 10.

Dated 1970's. Looking at Bordesley Park Road.miles street and b p road.jpg Women walking towards Miles Street.
Originally posted in B&W.

Dated 1970's.
I'm sure this is inside Old Lodge pub, and this is the landlord Mr Maloney.
Ray...You will know won't you?mr maloney.JPG

Dated 1970's.
This is Mrs Maloney.. Landlady of the Old Lodge pub Bordesley Park Road.
I never did know the name of the lady to the left of her.anne maloney and staff.jpg

Dated 1970's.
Car parked on Miles Street,off Bordesley Park Road.
Again so sorry about the poor quality of the picture.miles st car.JPG

redken the pic on post 173 has to be a classic...its just taken me back a good many years when folk used to bring in a bottle to have it filled with ale....wonderful...

lyn

My father used to send me here Lyn when I reached a responsible age ..with an empty bottle...''Mild please''.

A shot looking at Lawden Road Bordesley.
Its off Miles Street.
The young lad is cycling through the gardens that were once there at the back of the maisonettes some time after demolition.
I cannot remember the date for this picture.off miles st.jpg

Coventry Road..opposite Old Lodge Pub...Re-post due to hackers.
I tagged this some time ago.Oh how I remember this...used to get off the bus here and walk Along Bordesley Park Road to the .jpg..shot before my time..but it was where I got off the bus coming home from school

boulton rd from bordesley pk rd.jpgbordesley park road 1.jpgbordesley pk rd with boulton rd on right.jpgkingston picture house cov rd.jpgthese have been posted before but i thought i,d re post them in case you missed them all the best mhe
Picture number 14.
New post.
I'm sure my sister won't mind this post...she's a grown women now.
I've posted this shot because of the scene behind her.
They are Bordesley Park Road houses.
I would dearly love to see some face on shots of those old houses, along with the little business's that were there when I was a kid.
This is the closest I've come to finding any.View attachment 75735Datedaround 1968.

Back