• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

    We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Recent content by A Sparks

  1. A Sparks

    Sutton Coldfield

    Just seen this posted on FB by Birmingham Archives re Sutton Coldfield Library ... An update on the #SuttonColdfield archive transferred from Sutton library to here in Summer 2025. All the archive is here and our Archivist is making good progress in assessing documents and updating catalogues.
  2. A Sparks

    RIP ALBERTA

    Very sorry to hear that news :( My condolences to her family and friends. RIP Alberta
  3. A Sparks

    Artists Who Painted Birmingham Landscapes

    Not a very kind description of Brum ;)!
  4. A Sparks

    Birmingham City Hospital officially closed Nov 2024

    I thought those rooms with the wooden panels were great too! I hope the oak will be reused in other ways, I imagine it's worth some money.
  5. A Sparks

    Golden Lion Cannon Hill

    A bit more about the Golden Lion this morning.. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/crq5xvn74381o
  6. A Sparks

    cluedo

    A new collectable Cluedo 50p coin has been minted... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/ckx2zdj4166yo
  7. A Sparks

    proposals for rackhams

    An article from the BBC Birmingham website this morning... https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/ckjw5xn34edpo
  8. A Sparks

    Moseley Road Baths

    An article from the BBC Birmingham website this morning.. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cm9862l9kzngo
  9. A Sparks

    Birmingham Funded Lifeboats - James Pearce - Caister

    Interesting article, so it's still a mystery of most of the life of James Stevens!
  10. A Sparks

    The Ice Cream Man

    I visited the London Canal Museum at the back of King's Cross Station this week for Heritage week which was interesting. The building is next to a canal Wharf and was originally for ice storage, the ice was shipped over from Scandinavia and stored in a large basement area. There was a display...
  11. A Sparks

    Paul Simon Birmingham 1965

    The Jug of Punch folk club was in a back room of Digbeth Civic Hall during the late 60s. Post #12 on this thread on the Forum mentions Paul Simon playing there but no details. https://birminghamhistory.co.uk/forum/threads/digbeth-institute-civic-hall.29258/
  12. A Sparks

    Its pjmburns (janice) Birthday

    Happy Birthday! Enjoy your day :party:
  13. A Sparks

    forgotten memories of the 1960s

    I liked the milk actually, I often helped myself to a second bottle at lunchtime if there were still some in the crates by the hallway downstairs!
  14. A Sparks

    forgotten memories of the 1960s

    No, I don't remember any milk bottles with cardboard tops from my school days.
  15. A Sparks

    Hockley Hill

    Seen this morning in the Birmingham BBC website, I wasn't quite sure where to post this! https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c7v4z57qg7no
Back
Top