• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

WW 1 MEDALS

jmadone

master brummie
Whilst looking at an auction catalogue today I came across the following described by the auctioneers as such:-

ralph seymour 6.jpg
A little more investigation brought up the following:-

ralph seymour 1.jpgralph seymour 2.jpgralph seymour 3.jpgralph seymour 4.jpg
For a full description see De Ruvigny's Roll of Honour on Ancestry.

I always feel a little sad when I see military or sporting medals up for sale. I believe they should belong with the family but of course there may well be no family left to pass them on. There is no mention of the vendor or the circumstances which have brought about the sale.

I always feel a little sad when I see military or sporting medals up for sale. I believe they should belong with the family but of course there may well be no family left to pass them on. There is no mention of the vendor or the circumstances which have brought about the sale.

I wonder why he had an alias and about the spelling of Do Vey, his family from Kidderminster appear to be plain Dovey.

As there's no mention of a wife, I assume he wasn't married. He appears to have had 2 brothers (1 died young) and 2 sisters.

Both sisters married, Jemima - after 1901 listed as Mima - to a John Harry Howell and had one son - John Arnold Howell, and Eveline, unfortunately to a William Jones and possibly had a son and a daughter - Gilbert Albert and Eva Mary.

His brother Sidney Eric Dovey iis with his parents in 1921 and then nothing I can see.

One of the reasons I found the forum is that I needed to pass on some WW1 items to a family member but had lost any knowledge of their whereabouts. I have had a great deal of help from members looking backwards at family history but I need some advice as to how to search for living family.

Findmypast have ERs from 2002 to present day online but no numbers, just roads. However, if they tick the appropriate box when filling in their form they won't be listed.

Also there's facebook and the like, if you can narrow the choices down and online newspapers.

Obviously the more common the name the more difficult to be sure you have the correct person.

Findmypast have ERs from 2002 to present day online but no numbers, just roads. However, if they tick the appropriate box when filling in their form they won't be listed.

Also there's facebook and the like, if you can narrow the choices down and online newspapers.

Obviously the more common the name the more difficult to be sure you have the correct person.
Thanks MWS. Do you know if I would find any information on papers for probate? I am searching for the family of Elsie May Ford’s older brother George Henry Ford and his wife Norah Dutton. Both are deceased.

Ok, just this then.

I couldn't see any probate.

And I vaguely remembered mentioning a Dutton previously and this post mentions Frederick, who seems to be Norah's brother at Hansons Bridge Road where George and Norah are in the 1960s.

Back