• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
jmadone
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• jmadone
      jmadone reacted to Astoness's post in the thread Black Country Museum with Appreciate Appreciate.
      doubt it will take any trade from the bottle and glass jim as its only a small pub and i think the fact that it is the original...
    • jmadone
      jmadone replied to the thread Black Country Museum.
      How much trade will they take from "the Bottle and Glass" I wonder. Last time I visited I had a superb pint of Banks bitter and a...
    • jmadone
      jmadone reacted to Vivienne14's post in the thread Rivers: River Tame with Appreciate Appreciate.
      This painting by John Joseph Hughes, a local Handsworth resident and councillor, appeared on a modern day USA auction house site. The...
    • jmadone
      jmadone reacted to NOTSHARP's post in the thread In the garden 2022 with Appreciate Appreciate.
      There has been a dearth of small birds this year, but did have this Starling atop my TV ariel this morning.. And a beautiful morning...
    • jmadone
      jmadone replied to the thread Chadwick end.
      I had a second job working for a private hire firm in Knowle in the late 70s and I can remember several times collecting a nun from the...
    • jmadone
      jmadone reacted to Vivienne14's post in the thread Digbeth Civic Hall with Appreciate Appreciate.
      A Bordesley Green lad. See this link: http://www.brumbeat.net/valets.htm Viv.
    • jmadone
      jmadone replied to the thread Digbeth Civic Hall.
      Can't recall this group but any group with a saxophonist or any brass blower would have created a great live sound in those days. Were...
    • jmadone
      jmadone reacted to Vivienne14's post in the thread Digbeth Civic Hall with Appreciate Appreciate.
      Keith Powell and the Valets at the Hall. No date but looks 1960s. Viv
    • jmadone
      jmadone reacted to MWS's post in the thread In the garden 2022 with Appreciate Appreciate.
      Only had a few tomatoes so far but quite a few growing... and a few tiny little peppers...
    • jmadone
      jmadone reacted to NOTSHARP's post in the thread In the garden 2022 with Appreciate Appreciate.
      At long last, I have seen a couple of butterflies, some Hoverflies, and bees, in the garden. Steve.
    • jmadone
      jmadone reacted to Vivienne14's post in the thread Cadbury's Bournville Factory with Appreciate Appreciate.
      Oak bridge linking the recreation grounds dated 1943. Viv.
    • jmadone
      jmadone reacted to Tinpot's post in the thread Accents with Appreciate Appreciate.
      Had a phone call this morning from a Brummie born uncle who calls me Bab. Always brings back lots of memories when I hear it.
    • jmadone
      jmadone reacted to Vivienne14's post in the thread Smallbrook Ringway with Appreciate Appreciate.
      Tinpot, the Wimpy Bar just in view on the right. Viv.
    • jmadone
      jmadone reacted to Tinpot's post in the thread Smallbrook Ringway with Appreciate Appreciate.
      We used to go to the Wimpy Bar for cheeseburgers, somewhere on the left side of the colour photo. Far superior to the later versions...
    • jmadone
      jmadone replied to the thread Birmingham Police uniform.
      Glad you said "at the rear entrance to Rackhams" and not "the back of Rackhams" which had an entirely different meaning :laughing...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…