• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Witton Aston's first retro Detective Novel by Shirley Kent.

HumbleBrummie

proper brummie kid
Hello Brumies it is Shirley Kent here introducing my book WITTON. Witton is a fictional detective story set in Witton Aston in 1945. The enclosed pictures show the book. Inside I thank the Forum members for their help on several factual questions I asked. Checking on my own memory and being offered much more. This site is a wonderful place. I am hoping members may like a retro detective novel set in the area. It was a labour of love for me. But not without a lot of work. At the moment it is available from me or from Ebay. Just key in WITTON Shirley Kent to find the book. It is £10.99 post paid in UK. I have also put up a youtube film advertising it. I sing the 1944 classic 'Sentimental Journey' I don't think I can put a link in here. But again if you go to Youtube key in WITTON Shirley Kent to find it. As yet I don't have a publisher but looking out for one. Bless you all. Shirley.

Attachments

• FRONT.jpg
    FRONT.jpg
    164.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1996.JPG
    IMG_1996.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
  • Witton B2.jpg
    Witton B2.jpg
    851.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Birmingham History forum.JPG
    Birmingham History forum.JPG