• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Wimbush Bakery

I have seen a lot of people mention the Pineapple Tart we made at Wimbushes so..............

I tracked down some green Vermicelli strands, Pineapple essence but I could not get the artificial cream we used or the foils as they were only found at Wimbush made to fit our Multiblock, Anyway here we are.

Attachments

• Pineapple Tart 2.jpg
    Pineapple Tart 2.jpg
    992.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Pineapple Tart.jpg
    Pineapple Tart.jpg
    830.5 KB · Views: 8
My dad work there for 26 years Alan Frisby used to call him Reg

I used to go with him to take the van back to the yard (I was abut 5 or 6 yrs old)
I remember Derek Peel it's was his manger and he came to his funeral.
I also remember Dave Daniels I sure he gave me a doll in a wedding dress

Hi there, I am new to the group but spotted this and had to say I knew your dad well he was one of the nicest men I ever met. He was always so smart and was very well respected by everybody who knew him there and it was a pleasure to have worked with him.
Hi Justin.
Thank you for your kind words.

I have seen a lot of people mention the Pineapple Tart we made at Wimbushes so..............

I tracked down some green Vermicelli strands, Pineapple essence but I could not get the artificial cream we used or the foils as they were only found at Wimbush made to fit our Multiblock, Anyway here we are.
These were always my favourite cake, they do not seem to make cakes like they used to. They are mainly too sickly nowadays, or maybe my taste-buds have changed.

Hi all. I have just found out that a great uncle of mine who died in an Air raid in 1940 was in some way linked to Wimbush as their name is on his writeup in the official book, I do not know if it was because he worked there or the actual bomb raid was there at the works I hope someone can enlighten me. His name was John Hewitt born 1888 died age 52yrs. Regards Acklam19.

Back