• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

What is this building?

Frothblower

To return to the original question, here is an earlier photo of the building (c1949). It looks far more like industrial building here. It doesn't even have the arched doorway which made me think it could be a coachhouse.

Phil

Attachments

• Bordesley Bordesley St 1949 .jpg
    Bordesley Bordesley St 1949 .jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 1
Frothblower

To return to the original question, here is an earlier photo of the building (c1949). It looks far more like industrial building here. It doesn't even have the arched doorway which made me think it could be a coachhouse.

Phil

Great photo Phil.
The area looks so different:)

It might look different to now, but it looks exactly as I remember it.

Phil

April the Ist has passed Froth or do I see signs of ageing:D

Phil the photo 1949 Bordesley St did it have Gravestones in it? as I believe we used to pass it while walking up Fazeley Street years ago and I mean years ago just after the War with Mom

Last edited:
Alf

There were gravestones and tombs in Park Rd and I think at the top of Bordesley St. I used to pass them as I walked into town from Nechells via Curzon St and Park Rd.

Phil

Frothblower

It seems that the building had no connection with St Bart's then. My money is still on a Stables & Coach house though.

Photo's of St Bart's are as hard to find as the proverbial rocking horse manure. Perhaps this will do until one comes along.

Phil

Late I know, but here's a nice one for you Phil. My grandparents and many other rellies also got married here.

That's what I was thinking...
Anybody know where the vicarage for Saint Bartholomew's was located because the building looks like the stable's & carriage block for a large house. Even if it was not for the vicarage I'm sure there would have been other large houses in the area.

Phil

Back