• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Was You One of These Children ?

I agree. a most delightful film Ragga. Thanks for posting it. Those children sure had a great time and were quite lucky; they actually saw the sea whilst they were there. I often rode a horse along the sands at Weston and the beaches to the west when in the RAF and I rarely saw the sea. It was usually like the final pictures of the film - some way out in the Bristol Channel!

Ragga. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. That was a priceless piece of film. I never knew it existed, but am certainly glad that you posted it for us. After just a few seconds in, I noticed 3 of the 4 tower blocks on Duddeston Manor Rd, and my old school (Loxton St), and the pub on the corner. Must admit I stopped the film there for a couple of miutes, just to drift back in time. This was fantastic ragga. Cheers to you my friend.

Really enjoyed this Ragga, thanks for posting it!
Weston brings back memories of my training, we had to organise day trips for residents at Rubery Hill, on what was then called our psychiatric placement as part of their re-integration, so we decided a trip to the seaside, so off we went. Trouble started when we got there and the sea was miles out, one of the male patients decided to go to find it........................................................................................ Needless to say, the next day trip was not to the seaside and I still have never seen the sea at Weston lol
Sue

I was spell bound by that one, its quite extraordinary thatthose children are in my age range, I wonder if many of them are still aroundin Birmingham.

I have seen it twice now through my tivo box , I do hope the children are still around
and I just hope that they all became Healthy Adults and all are leading Happy & comfortable lives.
ragga :fat:

Thank you sooooo much Ragga, Took me back in memory, all the way from California, I visited Weston a few times, only saw the sea twice. it was good to see children enjoying the simple pleasures of life.
Jean.

only one word for that ragga...FANTASTIC..great to see footage of snow hill station as well..thanks for posting it for us.

lyn

All I want to know is as obviously the kids that were taken were from around my area of Nechells, why wasn't I invited?

Just watched this - what a brilliant film and such good quality!
I imagine that someone put the music, sound effects and the little lad's voice on more recently?

I have never been to Weston but it reminds me of school trips on the train from my junior school to places like Cheddar or Rhyl (not much sight of the sea there either ;D )

well having seen that wonderful footage im going to have a google about to see if there was any taken around the aston/hockley/newtown areas...

That was just delightful Ragga, thanks for posting it. I'm sure the children who were on the trip still remember it fondly. Such innocence.

I noticed at the start of the clip Kam Ling's Chinese Restaurant in Livery Street, where I had my first taste of Chinese food.

Back