• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Various street pics

View attachment 117337
Would anyone know where this I please, I would not have saved it if there is no connection to Birmingham

Re post 217, The original was very murky so I made a copy and tidied it up then posted it. Whilst looking through all the snippets I found the original and it is labelled as "STEELHOUSE LANE, 1800s".

Although I'd seen the Steelhouse Lane photo before, didn't realise the passageway to the left of the Queens Head was called Crusell Court. Unusual name. Maybe it was named after a person of note. Thanks Mike. Viv.

Thanks Stitcher. Could - and often do - look at Phyllis Nickln's 1950s/60s photos over and over again.

For those who don't know the first one is Bradford Street, the second is Deritend or is it classed as Digbeth?) Viv..

A very similar view of Bradford Street, different day, different vehicle. There is a good deal about E. Steiner Ltd, and the dereliction after they closed down.

https://www.28dayslater.co.uk/e-steiner-ltd-bradford-street-birmingham-sep-ish-2016.t106864

Im1962Tra-Steiner.jpg

islington row five ways.jpg
In my teens I was a driver for Golden Line Private Hire and I clearly remember the Five Ways junction without the large traffic island.

Last edited by a moderator:
27963255336_3c737e5f6d_b.jpg I drove round that corner so many times in lorries, buses and black cabs /

Back