• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

The Yard of Ale

couldnt resist a sneek look at what they have done with the inside of this pub.....no comment im afraid...

lyn

Oh dear, Im intrigued now, I'll have to pop in next time I'm in town educating my boy in the historical sights of Birmingham!

Come to think of it, most of my drinking venues have gone:(-
TEMPLE BAR.......................Shoe shop
TAVERN.............................Closed
MULBERRY BUSH.................Gone
CABIN................................Closed
PARISIAN...........................Gone
NORTON............................Gone
NAVIGATION......................Chineese restaurant
DUNLOP CLUB.....................Gone
BROMFORD TUBES CLUB......Gone

Just my beloved Lad In The Lane ( Old Green Man ) left:)
I used most of those Town centre pubs (& more) in the 70's myself. Mostly on passing through town from work. The 'Tavern' between 1972-74, Temple Bar 1975. Always started off in The Cabin. After being on a building site all day it was great to see all the shoppers coming in for a 'quick one' on their way home. Later Shop workers after locking up and later again 'night-time' Pub & club goer's, in their glad rags, kicking off the night!

Back