• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
D
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• D
      DaveHaw reacted to Spargone's post in the thread D.N.A. TESTING with Appreciate Appreciate.
      I don't understand where 'evil' comes into the equation. However it might well be upsetting to find that one's family tree isn't that...
    • D
      DaveHaw replied to the thread Aston Villa history.
      At least I got your drift Rob :D Btw Charlie Aitken had an antiques shop in Acocks Green village for many years.
    • D
      DaveHaw reacted to MWS's post in the thread Gone out of fashion with Appreciate Appreciate.
      I used play a game that was called British Bulldog at school in the late 70s, doesn't look as if it's the same game as the one in the...
    • D
      DaveHaw reacted to Spargone's post in the thread Gone out of fashion with Appreciate Appreciate.
      Collectible toy series: As a boy there were many toys that we eagerly bought the catalogues for. Having made our selection and saved up...
    • D
      DaveHaw reacted to mw0njm.'s post in the thread Gone out of fashion with Appreciate Appreciate.
      they will NEVER go out of fashion in my eyes:grinning:
    • D
      DaveHaw reacted to A Sparks's post in the thread Victoria Square with Appreciate Appreciate.
      I see the Floozy fountain is back on again now.....made me laugh to see it didn't work when they first pushed the button :laughing...
    • D
      DaveHaw reacted to mw0njm.'s post in the thread Gone out of fashion with Appreciate Appreciate.
      :grinning:
    • D
      DaveHaw reacted to Nico's post in the thread Mother and Baby home Moseley with Appreciate Appreciate.
      Maybe some of them will read this. I am glad you had a better experience. That's just what you all were, girls. Children even. My birth...
    • D
      DaveHaw replied to the thread Moor Street Station.
      Great pictures of Moor Street Station! It brings back memories! I used to travel into & out off Moor Street in the 1970's from Acocks...
    • D
      DaveHaw reacted to ellbrown's post in the thread Ward End & Washwood Heath with Appreciate Appreciate.
      The Fox & Goose pub on the 11A outer circle bus route. Washwood Heath Road and Bromford Lane. Between Washwood Heath and Hodge Hill...
    • D
      DaveHaw reacted to Vivienne14's post in the thread Digbeth with Appreciate Appreciate.
      Very familiar territory from when I worked in Bradford Street. Used to have to bank with the NatWest Bank further down on the right-hand...
    • D
      DaveHaw reacted to mikejee's post in the thread Digbeth with Appreciate Appreciate.
      A picture of Digbeth, which I don't think has been on before, taken by John Ball in 1963.
    • D
      DaveHaw replied to the thread Warwick Road.
      That's a fine looking church on the left hand side, in the distance. I wonder why they replaced it with that modern monstrosity in...
    • D
      DaveHaw reacted to Vivienne14's post in the thread Warwick Road with Appreciate Appreciate.
      A lovely c1909 scene with the Mermaid Tavern to the right, a horse-drawn cab at the cab stand outside the pub, a coffee house to the...
    • D
      DaveHaw reacted to jeanie77's post in the thread OLD BIRMINGHAM PHOTOS FROM STEVEBHx with Appreciate Appreciate.
      oh sorry to disagree, but I love seeing corner shops whether they were known to me or not because quite often they would be the hub of...
  • Loading…
  • Loading…