• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Summer Meet

vicki.l

master brummie
Hi all, I know it’s early but I thought I would start a thread, we will be having the summer meet saturday 23rd June 2018 at The Bull 12pm start as always, it will be really good to see the regulars and some newbies all are welcome.
Vicki,

ERIC
KAT
MORTURN
VICKI
LADY P & PARKER
MIKE
POSTIE, THE BOSS & SHIRLEY
FROTHBLOWER???
ASTONESS
KEYHILL BRIAN
PJMBURNS & HUSBAND
LYNNE WEBB
KELLY WEBB
BILL BOYD

Last edited:
I will be there for one, my Holiday is 1st week in June, so no problem. Will put some paintings in for raffle and one for the organiser. Its just 5 days before my birthday too. Looking forward to it and as Lyn says weather will be better. Eric

I won't put my name down for this meet. Every time I do something pops up to stop me going, so if I'm free I'll be there.:)

Hi all

I don't know if it's me but, this year is flying by already. The June meet up isn't that far away!!!!!

All money raised on the raffle goes to forum funds as without this we wouldn’t have the meets

Time does fly by as you say Kat. I really enjoy the meet-ups - it's nice to see old friends and meet new ones. AND there's also the chance to win, what is now know as an 'Eric'. We all have our fingers crossed that our ticket with come out of the hat before Eric's marvellous pictures have all gone. The other thing that is nice i to have the meet-up in one of the few old pubs left in Birmingham which hasn't been 'improved'!

In Reading my favourite pub has the advantage that it is a listed building but even more important, it is small and the living quarters are small and no way is there room for cooking facilities for the pub . Its the food side that makes them "improve"

Time does fly by as you say Kat. I really enjoy the meet-ups - it's nice to see old friends and meet new ones. AND there's also the chance to win, what is now know as an 'Eric'. We all have our fingers crossed that our ticket with come out of the hat before Eric's marvellous pictures have all gone. The other thing that is nice i to have the meet-up in one of the few old pubs left in Birmingham which hasn't been 'improved'!

Lady P

Believe it or not The Bull has been much improved, in the early 70's we worked on a tiny little house that was next door that is now part of the pub and also the dining room at the rear was also still a separate shop then I believe. We popped in there for a sandwich at dinner time (no meals then) and it was a proper spittoon and sawdust pub still at that time.

pen if you visit the black country museum pop into the bottle and glass pub....they have sawdust on the floor....wonderful:D

lyn

Shall always remember being in London about 30 years ago , when sawdust was pretty uncommon, and going into a pub in Whitehall (looking at google think it was the one now called The Old Shades) , with beer at about 50% more than normal at the time, and lots of people in double breasted suites and lookung like pratts. Yet it had sawdust on the floor, presumably to give atmosphere, but a bit out of place

Vicki

In essence it didn't look a lot different from the outside than it does today. The only difference being that it now included some of the buildings to either side of it.

City The Bull Price Street Loveday Street.jpg

Last edited:
just beat me to it phil....

vic can you put my name down please nothing planned for that date so i should be there:)

lyn

Back