• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Summer Meet

I get one of these paintings I have you know lol but yes we will be all fighting down price street for them lol

Well I'm sorry, I want both paintings! I can't choose!!!!!!

But that snowy bridge scene amazes me, so little detail to work with, but Eric has totally captured the scene.

N0 3 painting for June meet rafflewinter Furnace End.jpg based on a previous painting, a lane somewhere between Coleshill and Furnace End, the figures and dog are purely imaginery

I will be bringing a bottle of wine for a prize for the raffle, hope we get some new members come be great to meet you all

Hi Vicki, looking forward to seeing everyone again. Thought I'd remind everyone that even if there's a problem with the forum (as there was last year and we couldn't get on just before the date) the meet up will still go ahead. Hope Lyn is keeping herself in a germ-free zone.

Typical. I have a hospital appointment for 23rd June. What's the chances of a hospital appointment happening on a Saturday. It's in Coventry at 1.15 pm, so no chance of me getting to the meet. Can't believe it. If all the dates my appointment has to be on the day of the meet.

That sad Kat7272. I've had appointments on a Saturday and my friend had one not long ago on a Sunday.
There's always the Christmas meet-up to look forward to.

Lady P, one or two have not reproduced very well, I'm not a very good photographer, but they give a rough idea. Eric

The paintings look great Eric. I am sure they are up to your usual excellent standards. Keep up the good work.

Is there anyone going to the meet up who would be interested in some old trains illustrated magazines, approx, 20 in number from the 1950s.
If anyone is interested i.m. me.
thank you...

Hello everybody only 3 weeks to go now it’s come round very quick, sorry I have not been on very often my internet connection has been shocking, hope all can make it newbies and old faces everybody is welcome please come along be good to see you all.

Remember you don’t have to put your name down you can just turn up, poke your head round the door, stay five minutes, it will be another great meet, love you all xx

It'll be fine Vicki, we're looking forward to seeing everyone, especially new members if they can make it - it's a chance to put names to faces, ask questions and generally catch up. I understand that the beer's good too.

Don't forget that there's a chance to win one of Eric's brilliant paintings. Not to be missed!

hi vic ..arranged few days away next week..last min thing.... coming back saturday morning so hopefully i can get back in time to pop me head round the door:)

lyn

Back