• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Pinfield Farm Yardley????

Do you have year for Pinfield/ Pinfold farm ?

Yardley used to include other districts , Hall Green and Stechford and other surrounding areas.

I was unable to find Pinfield/Pinfold farm in year 1903 Ordnance Survey Map of South Yardley & Hay Mills .

I am sure if you post message to Lencops also from Yardley, He will be able to help you.

Bo

Last edited:
Nichoias & Bojalu, Until 1911 Yardley, Hay Mills and other surrounding areas were under the Worcestershire Council. Len.

Thank you for the replies!

The only info I have on the farm concerned is that it is (was) apparently to the West of Yardley Cemetery and just North of the Grand Union Canal. Nearby Mansfield Road was named after the family who owned / lived in the farm - two 20th Century occupants being Annie Mansfield and her Nephew Seba Mansfield (and their family).

Dwilly - someone brought Pinfold House to my attention a short while ago - though on a completely unrelated matter - and (dolt that I am!) I'd never actually made any association!! This may well be the place(?)

Regards,

Nick
www.westmidlandsghostclub.com

its the right location and fits with what you say so i have a strong feeling that it is, lucky its still standing!

Pinfold House has been a private brewery in the past, my father worked on it when it was bought by Mr Leonard and spent months making it habitable, when a local cinema was being closed he and several others went to remove the parquet floor and it has been relaid throughout the house.It has recently been sold.It also has a haunted past with the BBC visiting it to make a recording on Halloween night,I believe in the sixties!

The house is now boarded up. I dont think it's due for demoltion as the surounding area is well underway with new development. I believe the Pinfold family were conected to the golf ball makers.

I hope it's not knocked down! it's a grade 2 listed building, must ask the previous owner when I see him next week, I think it will be a shock to him as he was brought up there....
Several years ago he bought a house across the road from Pinfold House and I rewired it with his help and when we were chopping out the boxes for plugs in the kitchen the neighbour came round to tell us that as we were tapping the brick, it was moving into his kitchen! There was only one brick, lengthways through the two houses so he went round to his house and knocked it back in place!!

From the picture it shows a sign for toolman, toolman yardley now has a shop on the Coventry Road by what was the Good Companions, I wounder if he started his buisiness there or if he used this site for storage at sometime, might be worth asking if he is/was connected to this building

Toolman Yardley is a retailer selling allsorts of tools, Yardley Tools was a small toolmaking company, no connection as far as I know.

Hi Len - I'd forgotten about this thread until you've just resurrected it!! Laugh!!!

Cheers and all the best,

Nick

Back