• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Picture re-touch

When I'm over in GB, my daughter takes me to the garden centre (down the road leading from Brum to Stourbridge - just before the turnoff to Stourbridge), lovely to walk around and they have a lovely little coffee shop with nicknacks on sale

Hi, Would it be possible to clean up this picture of my husband and daughter ?
thanking you in advance for your continued help to other members, Pauline.

Attachments

• 7CE598F1-7C75-47EB-A654-43FF3EAADB12.jpeg
    7CE598F1-7C75-47EB-A654-43FF3EAADB12.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 31
Hi, Would it be possible to clean up this picture of my husband and daughter ?
thanking you in advance for your continued help to other members, Pauline.
A try from me, really needed a high res scan, regards, John.

Attachments

• Pauline Horton-Father and Daughter  06102022.jpg
    Pauline Horton-Father and Daughter 06102022.jpg
    403.3 KB · Views: 17
Hello,
Hope I am not being cheeky and pushing my luck !
On my great granddaughters face is a reflection from taking a picture through glass.
would it be possible to remove ?
thank you so much, Pauline.

Attachments

• D4BBE878-87AA-4A6A-9FF9-CC66DB3B0F85.jpeg
    D4BBE878-87AA-4A6A-9FF9-CC66DB3B0F85.jpeg
    460 KB · Views: 46
  • 10B53832-1055-48FE-8D28-3DFBE6834587.jpeg
    10B53832-1055-48FE-8D28-3DFBE6834587.jpeg
    419.4 KB · Views: 48
I had a go with my freebie image editor but it was difficult to show behind the reflection of what looks like your phone or tablet. I haven't removed other reflections on walls and floors. One way of 'improving' the photo would be to take a photo of your grandaughter in a similar pose and then edit blend paste it into this photo. But it would not really be the 'capture' of the happy moment when you decided to take the photo.
pn_pic_mod.jpeg

I had a go with my freebie image editor but it was difficult to show behind the reflection of what looks like your phone or tablet. I haven't removed other reflections on walls and floors. One way of 'improving' the photo would be to take a photo of your grandaughter in a similar pose and then edit blend paste it into this photo. But it would not really be the 'capture' of the happy moment when you decided to take the photo.
View attachment 173726
oldMohawk, thank you, much better. Not being piccy/camera savvy, I am lost for words at what you do. Pauline.

great improvements...a choice of with or without the ciggy..myself i would leave the ciggy as its a snapshot of our social history of the day

lyn
A try from me, regards, John.

Attachments

• Old Family _ 28102022.jpg
    Old Family _ 28102022.jpg
    396.2 KB · Views: 19
  • Old Family _ 28102022 B&W.jpg
    Old Family _ 28102022 B&W.jpg
    478.1 KB · Views: 11
I've had a deja vu moment... back in Dec 2021 (post#78) I posted this ... sorry about the added colour but also a without colour version ... :)
Some strange patches of red on the original ...but here is my go ... I could not make out the pattern of the standing women's dress so put a new dress on.
index.php

Maybe it looks better in grey scale / black and white.
index.php

Is it outside a pub or shop? two aprons in the pic ...

Last edited:
tee hee hee!! I can see you all have enjoyed yourselves with this one!! Many many thanks, and I will send her both with/without FAG (as I seem to recall, they were called then :cool: !!)

I'm sorry, Mohawk - I didn't realise I had posted it before... must be one of my alzheimer moments!!!
Saying that, could y'all try to clean up this 50 year old photo? Cameras were not so good then!!3 Generations of men.jpg

Back