• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Pershore Road

Pershore Road is a long road so you may want to be more specific in your query.
However, if you use the search facility (magnifying glass top right) and search for threads with Pershore Road in the title quite a number of threads come up about different aspects of the road.

some pic on here. of pershore rd,but as pjmburns said use the search button

Pershore Road is a long road so you may want to be more specific in your query.
However, if you use the search facility (magnifying glass top right) and search for threads with Pershore Road in the title quite a number of threads come up about different aspects of the road.
Thankyou it is or was no 1370 I found in a trade directory .

Alfred and Nellie Quiney are there on the ERs from the 1920s to the 1960s. There's a couple of mentions of them in the Bham Mail 1942 about the death of their son Leonard Alfred.

The Pigott smith map c1824 shows (see below) the course of the Projected turnpike from Birmingham to Pershore, so I huess it did

ScreenHunter 5801.jpg

If it's them, them Alfred was listed as goldsmith/jeweller at the start of the century but on his son's probate record he was a ladies outfitter.

There is a picture here of a tram passing the the British Oak which is 1364 Pershore Road, unfortunately (if the numbers were the same) 1370 would have been just off the photo to the right...

Last edited:
If it's them, them Alfred was listed as goldsmith/jeweller at the start of the century but on his son's probate record he was a ladies outfitter.

There is a picture here of a tram passing the the British Oak which is 1364 Pershore Road, unfortunately (if the numbers were the same) 1370 would have been just off the photo to the right...

It is the son I am am researching , thankyou so much ido appreciate that I am on right person .

Alfred and Nellie Quiney are there on the ERs from the 1920s to the 1960s. There's a couple of mentions of them in the Bham Mail 1942 about the death of their son Leonard Alfred.
Thankyou will keep reading and looking I have a Birmingham postcard from about 1940 will find it out .

It is the son I am am researching , thankyou so much ido appreciate that I am on right person .

If it's Leonard Alfred then sadly there's not a lot else to see. The other son Harold Francis married a Gladys Allen and is on the ERs from late 1930s next door at 1372 Pershore Road, a newsagent in 1939.

This is one fancy home ! Probably regarded as very modern in style in 1867. The conservatory/solarium must have been very much admired. Not too sure where the entrance was supposed to be.

I wonder where exactly on Pershore Road this was/is.

Screenshot_20230630_144547_Chrome.jpg

looks very grand..i wonder if it was actually ever built as i think some from the builder magazine were not...

Found a Library of Birmingham record that says it was near Speedwell Road. Seems to have been demolished - Calthorpe Park now occupying the site. Viv.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230630_204314_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230630_204314_Chrome.jpg
    376.5 KB · Views: 9
Back