• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

old family photos

Missy74

knowlegable brummie
hi all
ive found some old photographs of my nans husband, I know he was part of the 57th heavy anti craft regiment, royal artillery.
He was at one point based in germany, i also believe he served in india for a period of time.
Would love to hear of anyone who has a relative included in the pictures.

Attachments

• received_616305993941332.jpeg
    received_616305993941332.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 35
  • received_1408625789711710.jpeg
    received_1408625789711710.jpeg
    780.8 KB · Views: 36
  • edgar bridge.png
    edgar bridge.png
    136.3 KB · Views: 33
hi all
ive found some old photographs of my nans husband, I know he was part of the 57th heavy anti craft regiment, royal artillery.
He was at one point based in germany, i also believe he served in india for a period of time.
i do have a few more pictures but i am unable to upload them.

I have a picture of HRH on an inspection but i cant upload it because the file is to large and im not technological

This is the picture of a visit by HRH on the back it says " HRH inspecting the C.P.R.E or that last one could possibly be a C.

Attachments

• aaa.png
    aaa.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 18
hi all
I have some more info on the picture of the bridge with the horse and rider statue
Truss arch bridge, cologne, north rhine-westphalia, germany.
It crosses the river rhine.
A steel bridge built in 1907 ( completed in 1911) destroyed in 1945.

i do have a few more pictures but i am unable to upload them.
It maybe because the file size is too big. Can you open the photo in windows photo and resize it.
Important, make a copy of the image first. Right click, copy, paste this will give you a copy with (1) at the end of the file name. Open this on in windows photo and do a resize, custom size. 800px along the longest edge will be fine then save.

Be sure not to resize to original otherwise you will lose resolution.Resize Image.JPG

I have hundreds of old family photos I will post a few later on. This one is interesting and shows my Dad, (God bless him) with his Uncle Gus and His Dad. In the late1800s The Crump family who actually lived in Smethwick, all moved to America, Uncle (Gus) Herbert August Crump started up a printing company in Wallingford Connecticut USA see the photo of the company inkpad, I found on eBay! his brother MY Grandfather William James Henry Crump did not like America and went back to England, he died at age 95 in a council house with nothing and worked all his life in a Carriage Works, He had my Dad, and then ME. Uncle Gus visited the family in Birmingham, and you can quickly see which one is a Yank! He died at age 100 a Millionaire, owning land and businesses in America, he even sponsored me when I arrived in America in 1957.

Attachments

• 17457630_1012996122133757_6610610821081092569_n.jpg
    17457630_1012996122133757_6610610821081092569_n.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 26
  • crump 001.jpg
    crump 001.jpg
    267.8 KB · Views: 24
The badge of the man in the middle could possibly be parachute regiment though the badge of the man on the left looks less like it.i belie

The badge of the man in the middle could possibly be parachute regiment though the badge of the man on the left looks less like it.
yes i believe he was a parachuter at some point.

Back