• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

MY FIRST/SECOND GRANDCHILD

hard to believe that my little evie was 1 yesterday...a few days before new year she was taken quite poorly and needed hospital treatment giving us cause for concern...its great to see her fit and well again :) :) :) and she had a lovely soft play party for a few friends...here she is with big brother james and the cake...i would just like to say many thanks to the paramedics and staff at good hope hospital who were wonderful at calming down what was a very stressful situationView attachment 176865

lyn
Our grandchildren are our motivation!

Last edited by a moderator:
We saw our eldest grandson and wife and four children last week. We don't see them very often because they live a distance away and both work, but what a delight. The two youngest great grandchildren are 20 months old but when arriving and going they were helping each other off and on with coats and jumpers. Then we saw a video where they were washing each others hair in the bath. Another video was when they were having their nappie changed the other would blow a rasberry on their belly button. What a delight they are.

hi folks..was baby sitting evie earlier and she nodded off on the sofa and their latest edition to the family ( 9 week old miniature poodle snowy) was asleep at the other end so i went into the kitchen to tidy up a bit..when i came back in snowy had moved from his end and cuddled up with evie:):)

lyn

evie and snowy.jpeg

What a wonderful photo, you will have to post more as both Evie and Snowy grow up together.:)
thanks ...alberta did you see the photo of them both on post 336...its obvious that snowy is going to make a lovely family pet both james and evie love him to bits .. :)

lyn

It's one of our great grandchildren's fifth birthday today and it reminds me of mine in 1936 when my parents bought me a scooter with "wire spoked wheels". How posh I felt as everyone else had them with tin plate wheels. They had it from [I think] Halfords on High Street Erdington. If I remember right it was a few doors from the Undertakers [whatever their name was] opposite the Church

Nice memories, the undertakers was and still is Hazels, opposite the church , Halfords was a little way down towards six ways on the corner of York road and the High street.

happy 7th birthday to my little man james...only seems like yesterday i was at his birth.. right now all of his mates are starting to arrive for a big garden bash with bouncy castle...as i live next door i can hear them lol...already been round to see him and will pop round again later when the coast is clear :D :D here is his birthday cake..the theme is from rainbow friends it a computer game he is into at the min..will try and get a couple of photos on in the next few days

lyn

james cake.jpeg

couple of photos of the birthday boy looking a bit different to how he looked on post 1 :) his cake ..balloons and the large number 7 and his pyjamas and t shirt was themed for the rainbow friends...i gather its a computer game..never heard of it until now:D
IMG-20230604-WA0018.jpgjames 7th 5.jpegjames birthday 2.jpeg

Last edited:
Wish I could put photos on but havn't a clue even though it is explained to some extent in other places on the Forum.
We have had another addition to our family, another Great Grandchild, our sixth. This time a boy, Hurray!!!. Our youngest Grandson brought him down on Monday on his way to his brothers wedding, [they live in Blackpool, we in West Midlands] . We then went yesterday to our eldest grandson's wedding yesterday and saw all six of them. Had a wonderful day

Johnny, when you type your post click on 'Attach files' your pic file will appear, click on required pic then click 'open', your pic will appear on your post. Eric

Just tried to put one photo on of two grandsons and children at wedding but says file is too large for server to process. Any help to get it on would be appreciated

Assuming Windows in use on pc.
Right click on photo and "open with paint".
That will give you an option (towards left end of toolbar) to resize (I use 20). When you have resized hen I usually use "save as" so I still have the original. It should then post.

Thanks so much for that info Janet
Here are our two grandsons and wives along with children. Please excuse Ellie on the left but at the moment she puts her tongue out constantly. She is two with twin sister Nancy who Mom is holding. The other two are Maisie 7 and Poppy 5

Attachments

• Chris's wedding.jpg
    Chris's wedding.jpg
    304.8 KB · Views: 17
Great photo. Lovely children and Ellie just adds character.
Glad you have now learned a new skill (reducing photo size).

well here he is folks...my first grandchild...i have never witnessed anything so wonderful and well worth going 48 hours without sleep...congratulations to our kim and james i am truely blessed and a massive thank you to the maternity staff at good hope hospital for their outstanding care...

JAMES STEVEN PETER CUTLER

BORN AT 5.48 AM ON 4TH OF JUNE..WEIGHING IN AT 8lb 1 oz

lyn
Congratulations. :)

Back