• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

MY FIRST/SECOND GRANDCHILD

well folks this would not have happened in our day...never heard of a baby reveal until recently...mom goes for a scan...the sex of the baby is put in a sealed envelope so she cant see it...someone usually outside of the family blows up a black balloon opens the envelope and puts either pink or blue confetti inside...balloon is then popped and out flies the confetti...we had the baby reveal in my garden last night...little james had the honour of popping the balloon to reveal girl or boy or in some cases both lol..anyhow we are all delighted its going to be a little sister for james....few photos here

lyn

baby reveal 2.jpgbaby reveal 3.jpgbaby reveal 4.jpgbaby reveal.jpg

Lovely to see the family growing Lyn. Don’t know about other grandparents, but do you look at your own children and the grandchildren and wonder how did they manage to get this far, all on their on ?! Magical. And beautiful to see. Viv.

lets hope this is not the first of many folks...the little man broke his elbow yesterday...slipped up on a football in his mates garden..simple as that...for a 5 year old he was so very brave and because mom is pregnant he agreed to go into xray without her...the swelling was pretty bad so hes got a temporary cast on until thursday when hopefully its gone down enough to have a permanent cast on for 6 weeks...he said he is going to have a blue cast lol..

james in cast 9.8.21.jpg

lets hope this is not the first of many folks...the little man broke his elbow yesterday...slipped up on a football in his mates garden..simple as that...for a 5 year old he was so very brave and because mom is pregnant he agreed to go into xray without her...the swelling was pretty bad so hes got a temporary cast on until thursday when hopefully its gone down enough to have a permanent cast on for 6 weeks...he said he is going to have a blue cast lol..

View attachment 160221
Ah, the resilience of youth!

View attachment 160221
Hope everything goes well on Thursday
Bob

Sorry about James. It's good that it can be fixed by a cast. I had to have one of the knobbly bits removed after I hit a peg in the long jump!.

Sorry about James. It's good that it can be fixed by a cast. I had to have one of the knobbly bits removed after I hit a peg in the long jump!.
ooh nasty mike...they thought at first they may have to operate but it seems not...fingers crossed

lyn

A blue cast very trendy , poor little James but I bet his cast will be covered in signatures in no time
My youngest used to bike race and my husband reckons we must have been in almost every hospital in the Uk, lol.

My first grandchild Daisy started her local high school on Monday, she looked so grown up in her uniform.
The school and all its staff have been made aware of her medical problems, she is having a Crohns disease flare at the moment, Birmingham Childrens hospital( where she and her Mom has been staying on and off for weeks over the last year) have been wonderful but are having trouble stabilising her. Stuart has been shown how to give her weekly injections and she goes to Birmingham from Leicester every fortnight for a blood test and steroid infusion.
She has always hated needles so we are so proud of how brave she is being.
Alberta.

hi alberta how fast they grow up...as you know i do know about daisys health issues but what a brave little girl she is and having a nan like you i know she will come through it in time...please give her our best wishes..

in the end james decided on a pink and blue cast :D ...he is getting a tad frustrated now because he has missed out on so many activities and being an active child it does not sit well him..he goes back in 2 weeks time for another xray and hopefully it wont be long before the cast come off..for a while now he has been saying he wants to learn about history like nanny so i am taking him to the black country museum today...cant think of a better place to start..

lyn x

Being a grandma through all the ups and downs of the grandchildren feels just the same as them being your own children. The worry and the joy is no different. Being there for them is the loveliest and most reassuring thing we can do, even if we spoil them just that little bit extra! Viv.

Being a grandma through all the ups and downs of the grandchildren feels just the same as them being your own children. The worry and the joy is no different. Being there for them is the loveliest and most reassuring thing we can do, even if we spoil them just that little bit extra! Viv.
You mean Grand parents spoil their grandchildren :cool: Really!

Back