• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Mike Guest

ColinB

gone but not forgotten
It is with great regret that I have to inform forum members of the death of Mike G, I have just been contacted by Mike's son Martin asking me to make this announcement on the forum.
Regrettably, I have no further details at this stage.
Mike has been a long standing member of the forum and will be sadly missed by all.
R.I.P. Mike

Colin

Oh dear that is so sad, My deepest condolences go to his family. Mike will definitely be missed on the forum...
R.I.P Mike you really were agoodun

Well, this has truly knocked me for six, I feel like I have lost a Brother. You meet all kinds of people as you go through life, most you forget, some you remember and the very rare person who makes a big impact on your life and in your heart. Mike was definitely one of the latter and I owe so much to him for his help and guidance and of course his unselfish devotion to the forum and its members.
Our thoughts and prayers go out to Maureen and the rest of the family at this time. please remember we are all here for you.
Goodbye Mike, we will miss you loads, you were a true Gentleman and it was a honour and a priviledge to know you. R.I.P.
Jim and Hilary

i am a loss for words right now....my deepest condolences to maureen and all the family...

RIP mike...i shall miss you....

lyn

I am truly shocked by this sad news of Mike's death. My wife and I classed Mike and Maureen has our friends rather then acquaintances
The forum has lost a valued and important member. I will never forget you Mike. Rest In Peace

Terrible news. My sincere condolences to the family. R.I.P.Mike. A real valuable forum member. You will be greatly missed.

This is such sad news. I feel so sad I don't know what to say. I shall miss Mike so much. My thoughts are with Maureen and all the family.

I'm very, very sorry to hear of Mike's passing. He was a truly genuine bloke and will be sorely missed. My deepest sympathy goes to his family.

Big Gee

So sad to hear this news, Mike was such a lovely man, I'm lost for words. My thoughts are with Mo and all the family. God bless Mike.
Lynne.

I am deeply sorry to hear this, very nice man indeed. I just hope he passed peacefully and without pain. My condolences to Maureen and the family. God Bless Mike.

Shortie

I did not know Mike personally but my condolencies go to his wife, Maureen and all his family.

Chris Beresford (Old Boy)

It's strange in a way but our paths seem to have crossed in our youth and on this forum. Mike and I were at Handsworth Tech together but not in the same class...he was in the A stream whilst I in the B. But we must have met from time to time or rubbed shoulders in corridors. If he stayed for the third year we would have been in the same class but I can't put a face to the name. Co-incidentally we joined this forum at about the same time within a month or two and have rubbed shoulders on here again also. I don't know if Mike rode a bike to school on occasion but I seem to remember a boy who rode with me now and then, across town to Handsworth from Washwood Heath. We would meet at the bottom of Malthouse Lane. We were not in the same class, I have thought that it may have been him. Memory fades over time.
My deepest condolences...he persued engineering as I did and though far apart, was a friend.

So sorry to hear this, I didn't know Mike but he was someone whose name and posts I noticed.
My deepest sympathies to his family.

I'm afraid that I am another who did not know Mike other than from this forum. So may I add my condolences to his wife and family here.

Phil

My thoughts are with Maureen and the family, this really has shocked me, Mike was one of the nicest men i have ever met,
God bless you Mike, may you now rest in peace,

I am so upset by this news Mike was so ill last year and rallied round like the trooper he was. Such a lovely man and like many here we classed Mike and Maureen as real friends. The world has lost a true gentleman and the forum a true friend. My condolences to Maureen hisce family and his friends...I am off for a weep now good by Mike and Rest In Peace........Wendy and Michael.

I feel stunned.
My thoughts are with Mikes wife and family.
I never met Mike but he had known my Dad.
Dad was a police officer and Mike told me that when he was a newbie copper my Dad was kind to him,I am pleased that 2 really nice people knew each other.

R.I.P Mike, you will be so missed around here.

I have only just learned this terrible news and at the moment I am numb.
I had the honour of becoming a friend of Mike, a true,true gentleman, as has been said earlier, some people touch your life in a very special way, this was the case with Mike, I only knew him for a relatively short time, but it felt as though i'd known him a lifetime.
Our deepest sympathy goes out to Maureen and the rest of his family.
Goodbye and R.I.P. Mike, you will be greatly missed.
Brian & Sylvia

I would add my condolences to the others. I never knew him, but, as so many have said, he seemed such a pleasant man
Mike

I am so very sorry to hear of Mike's passing. He was very kind to me and as many have mentioned, a real gentleman. He will be greatly missed on this Forum. R.I.P. Mike My condolences to the family.

So sad to read this news. Our condolences to Mike's family.

Bernard and Linda

So sad to hear the news of Mikes passing, he was such a nice man and will be sadly missed

R.I.P Mike
from kelly and family

Back