• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Mike Guest

Although i never met Mike, there is always something about this forum that you do think you know people personaly. So all i can say is Goodbye and God -bless Mike i am sure you will be greatly missed:( .

I have just been informed by Mike's daughter Jo, that Mike's funeral will take place at

Sutton Coldfield Crematorium on Thursday 29th September at 1 PM

Everyone is welcome to attend. Family flowers only please , donations in Mike's memory can be given to the Funeral Directors on the day.
The service will be followed by light refreshment at The White Lion, Hill Village Road, Four Oaks, B75 7HL

The family have been deeply touched by the posts made in Mike's memory on this forum and wish to thank everyone for their kind thoughts and sympathy.

Colin

Last edited:
I would like to say how very sorry I am to hear this news. My sincere condolences to Maureen and all the family. I met Mike on several occasions and he was a true gentleman. Shera

Thanks Colin for posting the details, I shall be there on the day, its going to be a long day as I have to catch the coach from Plymouth at 5.15 am to Digbeth and then make my way to Sutton. I then have get back to Digbeth for 1500 hrs and get back to Plymouth at 2100 hrs., but it will be worth all the effort involved just to show my respects for such a good friend and colleague.
Can anyone tell me which bus to catch to get to the crematorium from Digbeth ?

Jim. Is this of any help?

HOW TO FIND US

Travelling by Road

From Birmingham take the A38 to Bassetts Pole Island. Turn left onto the A453 Tamworth Road. The crematorium is located 0.5 mile on the left.

From M42 motorway junction 9, take A446 to Lichfield passing the Belfry Golf Course, the next island is the Bassetts Pole Island. Turn second left onto the A453 Tamworth Road. The crematorium is located 0.5 mile on the left.

From Sutton Coldfield take the A5127, turning right at the traffic lights onto the A453 Tamworth Road. Continue straight ahead at the next set of traffic lights and the crematorium is located on the right hand side.

Travelling by Bus
From Birmingham take the No. 110. The route stops directly outside the crematorium main gates.

Travelling by Train
From Sutton Coldfield station it is a short walk to The Parade where the No. 110 can be taken to the crematorium as above.

Sutton Coldfield Crematorium.
Tamworth RoadSutton Coldfield
West Midlands
B75 6LG
Location map for Sutton Coldfield Crematorium.

Jim, I'm sure we can make some arrangements to get you picked up from Digbeth.

Colin

My sincere condolences to Mike's family. RIP.
Jim, I'm sure someone will be kind enough to give you a lift to and from the crematorium, especially after your epic journey.

I,m so saddened by this news I met Mike on one occasion and could tell he was a really nice guy with time for every one always willing to help.My condolences go to his family at this sad time R.I.P.Mike.Dek

RIP Mike....you will be sadly missed not only by your wife and family but from the family on the forum...thankyou for being you, and my friend it was very nice to meet you....love to all xxx

I am so sad to learn that Mike has passed away, I met him and Maureen a few times, and as everyone who met him knows he was a lovely man, my condolences to Maureen and his family. You will be sadly missed Mike.

What can I say that has not already been said,
Although I never met Mike I enjoyed his style of writing on he forum.
it is always a sad time when we hear of the loss of one of our members,
I only hope Mike slipped away peacefully, and I would like to
send my deepest Sympathy to all his family.
I know what you are going through at this moment
but you will still have those happy memories
R.I.P. Mike
Dennis (Tamworth)

I am working that day and have to get a rep back on the London train, so will depend on what time she is leaving, but will do my best to get there on this sad occasion.
Sue

Jim, I'm sure we can make some arrangements to get you picked up from Digbeth.

Colin

Can anyone pick Jim up from Digbeth at about 11.00 on Thursday. I'd do it myself but I 've got a car full. A 12 hour round trip, we can't let Jim catch the bus.

I never meet you Mike but I enjoyed the pleasure of reading your nterestng posts and I thank you for them.

Goodbye and R.I.P. my heart goes out to your family

Sorry if I'm speaking out of turn but I think Jim should have a taxi and take the money from forum funds. He puts enough hours in.
Lynne.

Back