• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team
  • HI folks the server that hosts the site completely died including the Hdd's and backups.
    Luckily i create an offsite backup once a week! this has now been restored so we have lost a few days posts.
    im still fixing things at the moment so bear with me and im still working on all images 90% are fine the others im working on now
    we are now using a backup solution

Lozells St Primary School

ok thanks carol i knew a robin lyndon from burbury st maybe spelt lindon thinking about it...i attended lozells girls until early 71...i loved that school..hope you enjoy the forum

lyn

Oh my goodness Robin Lyndon is my brother in law. My husband was his older brother Paul. ( he passed away in 1998) They lived at 178 Burbury Street . Robin actually went to Anglesey Primary School before he went to Gower Street!

oh wow carol i had this strange feeling about this...firstly so sorry to hear of pauls passing...and yes you have the correct address for them...how is robin i tried to find him a couple of years back as i organised an old end reunion many who attended robin would know...ie the moorhouses...steven taylor who married doreen moorhouse also the beech family all from villa st and may more i lived in villa st...my name is linda harrington i have a brother mark...did robin also have a sister barbara or have i imagined that

lyn

This is so spooky No their sister is Barbara but we do not have any contact with Barbara since their mum passed away.( lots of family skeletons) I have vague memories of the Moorhouse family but Steve Taylor was one of Robins best friends. I will have to tell him about this Forum he will be interested. I will pass this on to him but he does not do any social media . I will see if he wants to get in touch and let you know .... best wishes ....Carol

yes carol all families have skeletons mine included...i worked with barbara at my first job in the jewellery quarter after leaving school..at some point i am hoping to arrange another old end meet up and robin would be very welcome...could you just ask robin if he remembers 1969....this was when our gang was playing tracking and if memory serves me right robin broke the limits of where we could hide...we spent ages searching for him but assumed he went home...he was found the next morning trapped down a deep hole and injured...i have a newspaper cutting about this...carol i am going to send you a private message giving you my email address because if robin would like to see the newsaper article i can email it to you to pass on..this has made my day:)

lyn

yes carol all families have skeletons mine included...i worked with barbara at my first job in the jewellery quarter after leaving school..at some point i am hoping to arrange another old end meet up and robin would be very welcome...could you just ask robin if he remembers 1969....this was when our gang was playing tracking and if memory serves me right robin broke the limits of where we could hide...we spent ages searching for him but assumed he went home...he was found the next morning trapped down a deep hole and injured...i have a newspaper cutting about this...carol i am going to send you a private message giving you my email address because if robin would like to see the newsaper article i can email it to you to pass on..this has made my day:)

lyn
That night will remain with me forever. He was unconscious we spent all night looking for him. I was excused school the next day because we had been all night searching for him. I was exhausted. The young police officer who found him was a hero he spent weeks in hospital and missed his brother Peter,s wedding .
Peter and Sue went to see him in hospital in all their wedding finery. The long lasting effects of that accident have left him with kidney problems and an attitude to his health that borders hypochondria !
This is quite amazing really . Where do you live now?
Best wishes
Carol Lyndon

lyn

I don't know if this is of any use. Its from 1986. If anyone recognises themselves in this pic, would be great to hear from you!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1606094113765.jpg
    FB_IMG_1606094113765.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 24
Leslie Webster Booth attended Lozells Street Junior School until he went to Lincoln Cathedral as a chorister. That would have been in 1906/7!
thanks for that info never heard o leslie booth...i am surprised that living on soho road he attended lozells junior school as it was quite a step away from where he lived but maybe the family moved to the lozells area..he certainly had an interesting life

lyn

Last edited:
Back