• Welcome to this forum . We are a worldwide group with a common interest in Birmingham and its history. While here, please follow a few simple rules. We ask that you respect other members, thank those who have helped you and please keep your contributions on-topic with the thread.

We do hope you enjoy your visit. BHF Admin Team

Lozells St Primary School

Hi DaveG

Just noticed your post from August 2010 about Lozells Primary School.

Don't confuse me with all those maths from the 1940's.

I think I know you of course !

Hi Newbie Brummie

I was at Lozells st School during the 1940's and well remember Miss Darlington coming into our classroom to tell us the war was over.

Great excitement ! Sometime after we had a victory parade in the playground flags and buntings everywhere.

thanks viv...wonderful poems from the infants...i still had 18 months to go at lozells girls seniors when they wrote them

lyn

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this we are doing a project with Future Seed C.I.C on the school from the 60's 70's and 80's and we were looking for this archive. If you have anything else from that period we would be really pleased to receive it ...Many thanks. Carol

I think you will find the children were all in last year of school before going on to secondary . They were all in the Deputy Heads class Mr Cei Morris.

hello carol and welcome to the forum...could i ask you if you lived local to lozells primary school

lyn

hello carol and welcome to the forum...could i ask you if you lived local to lozells primary school

lyn
I taught there from 1970 until 1985 and my husbands family lived in the Lozells area all their lives. I lived in Handsworth and walked to school every day until I started my family and moved to Great Barr!

ok thanks carol i knew a robin lyndon from burbury st maybe spelt lindon thinking about it...i attended lozells girls until early 71...i loved that school..hope you enjoy the forum

lyn

Oh my goodness Robin Lyndon is my brother in law. My husband was his older brother Paul. ( he passed away in 1998) They lived at 178 Burbury Street . Robin actually went to Anglesey Primary School before he went to Gower Street!

oh wow carol i had this strange feeling about this...firstly so sorry to hear of pauls passing...and yes you have the correct address for them...how is robin i tried to find him a couple of years back as i organised an old end reunion many who attended robin would know...ie the moorhouses...steven taylor who married doreen moorhouse also the beech family all from villa st and may more i lived in villa st...my name is linda harrington i have a brother mark...did robin also have a sister barbara or have i imagined that

lyn

This is so spooky No their sister is Barbara but we do not have any contact with Barbara since their mum passed away.( lots of family skeletons) I have vague memories of the Moorhouse family but Steve Taylor was one of Robins best friends. I will have to tell him about this Forum he will be interested. I will pass this on to him but he does not do any social media . I will see if he wants to get in touch and let you know .... best wishes ....Carol

yes carol all families have skeletons mine included...i worked with barbara at my first job in the jewellery quarter after leaving school..at some point i am hoping to arrange another old end meet up and robin would be very welcome...could you just ask robin if he remembers 1969....this was when our gang was playing tracking and if memory serves me right robin broke the limits of where we could hide...we spent ages searching for him but assumed he went home...he was found the next morning trapped down a deep hole and injured...i have a newspaper cutting about this...carol i am going to send you a private message giving you my email address because if robin would like to see the newsaper article i can email it to you to pass on..this has made my day:)

lyn

yes carol all families have skeletons mine included...i worked with barbara at my first job in the jewellery quarter after leaving school..at some point i am hoping to arrange another old end meet up and robin would be very welcome...could you just ask robin if he remembers 1969....this was when our gang was playing tracking and if memory serves me right robin broke the limits of where we could hide...we spent ages searching for him but assumed he went home...he was found the next morning trapped down a deep hole and injured...i have a newspaper cutting about this...carol i am going to send you a private message giving you my email address because if robin would like to see the newsaper article i can email it to you to pass on..this has made my day:)

lyn
That night will remain with me forever. He was unconscious we spent all night looking for him. I was excused school the next day because we had been all night searching for him. I was exhausted. The young police officer who found him was a hero he spent weeks in hospital and missed his brother Peter,s wedding .
Peter and Sue went to see him in hospital in all their wedding finery. The long lasting effects of that accident have left him with kidney problems and an attitude to his health that borders hypochondria !
This is quite amazing really . Where do you live now?
Best wishes
Carol Lyndon

lyn

I don't know if this is of any use. Its from 1986. If anyone recognises themselves in this pic, would be great to hear from you!

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1606094113765.jpg
    FB_IMG_1606094113765.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 24
Back